Ranking
Goal of the tournament from Tshabalala, you will be hard pressed to find a sweeter connection than that.

My main impression from the first day is that those fucking vuvuzela's are stupidly annoying
Originally Posted by DrenssXP View Post
Guys, trust me. Brazil won't win this cup. Our team isn't what you guys are expecting. Probably Spain or Argentina. I'm Brazilian, and believe me, when you see thing from inside, you see it real face. Maybe 2014, but now, I don't think so.

lol, in time we do not have the ''celebrities'' but we have quality players. Brazil champion.

here in sa no school for the hole month of the soccer
extended vacation

good luck to all teams
Originally Posted by BlackDemon View Post
here in sa no school for the hole month of the soccer
extended vacation

good luck to all teams

Seriously ? Thats awesome
Forever a Stone
Originally Posted by rafufu View Post
My main impression from the first day is that those fucking vuvuzela's are stupidly annoying

I totally agree, sounds like the audience is consisting of giant honey bees.
Also looking foward to England vs. USA.
Originally Posted by Blam View Post
Another draw, this time 0-0.

I half expected Luis Suárez to do something clever in that match, but from what I hear he was largely invisible. It's a bit strange seeing as he usually dominates the matches he's in and scored 49 fucking goals for Ajax this season.

Sadly, I didn't get to watch the game, but would I do well in concluding that Uruguay just sucked in general?

Also, did Edison Cavani play?

Originally Posted by leilak
I totally agree, sounds like the audience is consisting of giant honey bees.

If it's any comfort, the noise is likely to be a little less intrusive when South America doesn't play, seeing as the natives treat the hellhorns like some sort of national instrument these days.
Last edited by CMon; Jun 11, 2010 at 11:43 PM.
Originally Posted by CMon View Post
I half expected Luis Suárez to do something clever in that match, but from what I hear he was largely invisible. It's a bit strange seeing as he usually dominates the matches he's in and scored 49 fucking goals for Ajax this season.

He had quite a few chances but was offside all the time, just too eager. :P

Uruguay played.. pretty passively, the first half was a complete bore from both teams with a few nice chances but neither team being able to finish them. As I said it picked up in the second half with France just going more offensive, but Uruguay's defence didn't let up and France didn't really make the most of the 1 man advantage and didn't really make the most of their players.

Both France and Uruguay had 2 really easy chances to score but neither could finish them (Including a fail header attempt by Suarez) :P
Last edited by Blam; Jun 12, 2010 at 12:06 AM.
:D
I don't think you should count the USA team out just yet. They have been doing pretty well actually. I mean I am not the bigeest soccer enthusiest but they did pretty well in the warm up matches.
I am a terrible person :(