Ranking
Originally Posted by slipknot View Post
:/ I dont get it.

Here we meet the fun fun part that most christians stumble to :P they haven't read the fuckin' bible. Did you know he was a carpenter too? But never did any actual carpenting other than cheesy magic tricks and sleight of hand? All of the tricks he did are explainable by common logic and little knowledge of sleight of hand. ( my hobby is magician by the way, i specialize in sleight of hand) :P

Also, universe is expanding -and- rotating around it's gravitational center. That is because the size of the matter that makes up most of the universe (nothing) is na. n being number (a huge number. It is immeasurable for at least the next 2000 years or so. or at least until we find a way to reasonably jump to the ends of the universe.) and a is lightyears. We have limited ability to see what is out there. Universe's edges could not be expanding at all, and they could be rotating. Remember, the further we look, the earlier picture we get. If we look at mars on telescope, we get an image that holds true to approximately 12 hours or a day ago.
What what? In the butt.
Originally Posted by Foxie View Post
Here we meet the fun fun part that most christians stumble to :P they haven't read the fuckin' bible. Did you know he was a carpenter too? But never did any actual carpenting other than cheesy magic tricks and sleight of hand? All of the tricks he did are explainable by common logic and little knowledge of sleight of hand. ( my hobby is magician by the way, i specialize in sleight of hand) :P

Also, universe is expanding -and- rotating around it's gravitational center. That is because the size of the matter that makes up most of the universe (nothing) is na. n being number (a huge number. It is immeasurable for at least the next 2000 years or so. or at least until we find a way to reasonably jump to the ends of the universe.) and a is lightyears. We have limited ability to see what is out there. Universe's edges could not be expanding at all, and they could be rotating. Remember, the further we look, the earlier picture we get. If we look at mars on telescope, we get an image that holds true to approximately 12 hours or a day ago.

All the "tricks" he did are explainable by common logic? So bring people back to life and healing them is explainable by common logic? And do you expect me to memerize everything in the bible? I knew he was jewish and a carpenter i just didnt get what was so funny.
Honestly, I think religious and political debates should be in Wibbles, but I'll throw in my two cents:

Everyone should act under their personal moral code, regardless of religion.

Any atheist who say their lack of belief is due to a lack of scientific proof is an idiot. If they truely cared about the science, and weren't lame attention whores, they'd be agnostic, as it is the more scientific approach. (the fact that the theory of God cannot be proven or disproven)

Some Christians are bad people. Some followers of Islam are bad people. Some Jews are bad people. Some atheists are bad people. Some three-nippled, blue eyed, brown haired taxi drivers are people. Some people are bad people.

The Church of Scientology is a cult.

Our technology isn't absolute. Nor is our science. Nothing can be proven or disproven. Therefore, to say any religion or lack of religion is based on logic or facts is bullshit. It's simply a leap of faith, no more, no less. Saying that any other group is stupid for believing or not believing makes you look ignorant and stupid, as for the most part, you're doing the same thing.
Last edited by Juntalis; Mar 8, 2008 at 11:10 AM.
Originally Posted by Juntalis View Post
Our technology isn't absolute. Nor is our science. Nothing can be proven or disproven. Therefore, to say any religion or lack of religion is based on logic or facts is bullshit. It's simply a leap of faith, no more, no less. Saying that any other group is stupid for believing or not believing makes you look ignorant and stupid, as for the most part, you're doing the same thing.

I'm agreeing with almost everything 'cept this.
Things can be proven.
but things humans can't see, feel, etc. etc. can't be proven nor disprrven, that is all.
<+Lightningkid> ......
<+Lightningkid> wow
<+Lightningkid> I fail
Things can only be proven within the scope of our scientific knowledge. As I said , our science is far from perfect. But I see what you're saying. Things that we as a human race have not experienced or have not come into contact with cannot be proven or disproved. Same goes for things that our senses cant pick up.
Our senses can't pick up IR or UV light you know. I know what you mean by saying things that our senses can't pick up, but you need to define it better.

Well, I have to agree with you on one thing. Religion or lack of it is a leap of faith.

http://www.christianpost.com/article...ristianity.htm

Here's a nice article.

In fact, Keller embraces doubt as a means of arriving at faith and further challenges Christians to come to an understanding of their belief that is not based solely on blind faith.

And here's the most important thing in my opinion. IMO a christian who never doubts anything regarding christianity will have a hard time when something unexpected happens to them.
Last edited by Chronos; Mar 8, 2008 at 11:51 AM.
Originally Posted by slipknot View Post
All the "tricks" he did are explainable by common logic? So bring people back to life and healing them is explainable by common logic? And do you expect me to memerize everything in the bible? I knew he was jewish and a carpenter i just didnt get what was so funny.

Someone so fantastically hardcore Christian couldn't even pick up a mistake like the Christ wasn't Christian.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself, really.
Q = QUAKER OATS
Three rules of Q - 1. Qegola and Quarantine both start with Q. 2. There is no U in Qegola. 3. Qegola is you new god.

So a man walks into a bar with a monkey. I forgot the rest of the joke but your mom is a whore.
I don't think it matters if we label him as a Christian or Jew, because in my opinion that's irrelevant. The important thing should be that us christians should set him as an example. Nowadays many are christians just by name.
This is why I'm glad I chose to become a deist. I don't have to defend my religion by defending prophets, who by today's science standards, committed acts that are impossible.