Toribash
I am using 3D Studio Max, does anyone know any good tutorials?
I am ze Spy. You know, hiding won't save you.
here is an update of my project

added window,spot,grass,bumpmapping,screen, and WIP on the box contents.

still a bit buggy but I will iron out the flaws.

grass is still rather fake atm.
..|.,
U1V1
might want to look up some grass making tutorials, I've seen 2 that used either high, or low poly solutions, as for the modelling, you're improving greatly ^^

good job ^^
Former Item Forger
velve the overall feel of the room is dark.

try making the background lighter and adding a lamp from about the room. you might want to change the lap light to a orange tone to make it seem warm.
[12:04] <@Jarmund> the only thing that could make it even clearer that he didn't have a woman, would be if he played WoW
[21:20] <blkk> what does fap mean?
Originally Posted by Ramenlover View Post
velve the overall feel of the room is dark.

try making the background lighter and adding a lamp from about the room. you might want to change the lap light to a orange tone to make it seem warm.

Yea, it does seem dark, but thats partly because im going for an early morning feel. (and obviously did not get it )

@stupinator -> yes I just tried the grass out and struggled to get it short :/ but thanks for positive comments, as I say Its my first, but im a kind of person that pays much attention to detail.
..|.,
U1V1
Grass == particle system.

If your product has it you can do this:
1. Model a blade of grass (simple as possible. maybe a tapered plane)
2. Create a planar particle system, no forces, just random generation across vertices and faces)
3. Parent the grass to the system, or make the grassblade the object generated by your emitter
4. Paint a black and white "Population map" which defines how much grass there are on a particular spot (makes for thinning areas and thick areas), then make that population map influence the particle system

I'm gonna have to make a video of that, but thats how I make grass.. Its VERY HIGH POLY but it's convincing enough specially if you texture the blade later on
oor, create a hair object, uncheck hair in the settings, in the tab that'll start with "gen" (too tired to check it now) set the dropdown box to instance, then drag your "grass" polygon in...(that you created using avwaves technique.

then you can use the brush to simulate wind, and such :P
Former Item Forger
There is something that bothers me on your render. This is like if there were no perspective. Have you did your render in an orthographic view ? Or your modeling is a bit twisted (window, table, monitor or ground).

However for some elements, beware of your smoothing groups and proportions, especially your monitor, on the left side, some polygons aren't smoothed and it is too big compared to the keyboard, or too small compared to the window.

And finally, I advise you to work more on your lighting. Harsh shadows tend to overwrite your scene.
Have a look on http://irrati0nal.info for Gfx, Prog and Photo threads.
http://benamou.on.toribash.com/
Originally Posted by Velve View Post
Yea, it does seem dark, but thats partly because im going for an early morning feel. (and obviously did not get it )

@stupinator -> yes I just tried the grass out and struggled to get it short :/ but thanks for positive comments, as I say Its my first, but im a kind of person that pays much attention to detail.

For a early morning feel you could add a sunrise and some natural yellowish light coming in from it.
[12:04] <@Jarmund> the only thing that could make it even clearer that he didn't have a woman, would be if he played WoW
[21:20] <blkk> what does fap mean?
Twisted perspective is good...

Always fun to make your own style