Toribash
Originally Posted by KiTFoX View Post
acceptable to say faggot

not acceptable to say nigger

explain

nigger = deregatory word for black people
faggot = not a deregatory word for homosexuals anymore.

It is possible to be gay without being a faggot (examples include Stephen Fry, Graham Chapman, Alan Turing, Robert Halford, to name a few)
It is also perfectly possible to be straight and still be a faggot (My previous boss, link8, gorman, and the list goes on..)

In other words, calling someone a faggot is on par with calling someone an idiot, and does not necessarily refer to their creed/race/orientation/whatnot

consider it explained.
Originally Posted by Jarmund View Post

It is possible to be gay without being a faggot (examples include Stephen Fry, Graham Chapman, Alan Turing, Robert Halford, to name a few)
It is also perfectly possible to be straight and still be a faggot (My previous boss, link8, gorman, and the list goes on..)

In other words, calling someone a faggot is on par with calling someone an idiot, and does not necessarily refer to their creed/race/orientation/whatnot

consider it explained.

Did the gay community send out a memo stating that they didn't find it offensive anymore? That sounds like rationale a 16 year old would use so he could get away with using a derogatory term in public.

So you're telling me if I say "nigga" to someone ironically I should be banned, but if I call a homosexual a faggot (without knowing he is in fact gay) it's perfectly fine because the meaning of the term has shifted slightly?
Last edited by KiTFoX; May 29, 2012 at 03:53 PM.
Originally Posted by KiTFoX View Post
...So you're telling me if I say "nigga" to someone ironically I should be banned...

Nobody mentioned nigga.

Also, what fish said: nobody cares about this in this thread. If you really need further explanation, contact me on IRC.
Originally Posted by Jarmund View Post

consider it explained.

Actually you probably didn't realize this, but nigger is no longer considered derogatory either! (By the way, please use spellcheck if you are unsure, you spelt 'derogatory' wrong twice!)

Now days nigger is used in a similar way to cunt in Australia, it can be used to insult strangers or to refer to friends;

"Jarmund is such a nigger"
"What's up my nigger??"
"Nigger did you remember to pick up the milk?" "Yes I did nigger, chillax"

So both are fine then I guess!
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
Actually you probably didn't realize this, but nigger is no longer considered derogatory either! (By the way, please use spellcheck if you are unsure, you spelt 'derogatory' wrong twice!)

Now days nigger is used in a similar way to cunt in Australia, it can be used to insult strangers or to refer to friends;

"Jarmund is such a nigger"
"What's up my nigger??"
"Nigger did you remember to pick up the milk?" "Yes I did nigger, chillax"

So both are fine then I guess!

Thats because when aussies try to pronounce nigga, it comes out sounding like nigger.

How about we ignore, and do not use all words that at one point targeted a demographic with hurtful intentions?
Hoss.
I don't really know why non-staff people are answering questions in the "Ask the staff!" thread.
Please, refrain from that.
-snip-
SkulFuk Moderated Message:
:<