Toribash
Re: Toribash 2.0 Pre Order
My my, there sure has been a little war going on in this topic, huh?

Sure, I have the money to buy this game, but honestly I think it's too expensive for it's gameplay value. That is my opinion. I doubt that Toribash is really going to change much, and then I don't mean graphics or anything. After all, graphics don't make a good game.
If we look at the version numbers, we now have the free v1.99. In a while, v2.00 will be released. Version number wise, it looks like a small update, however, now you will pay a full commercial price.

Going from $0.00 to $24.95 is a BIG step! I'm not going to buy it, but that doesn't mean I want Toribash to die on it's ass! Basically, Toribash is being released as a full-price commercial game. But what about those other commercial games, made by popular developers, published by popular publishers, that practically cost the same, or less? Yes, in comparison with those games, Toribash is not very popular outside the board and the game is far from complete and won't offer a very good gameplay value for the money.
That is my opinion.

In my opinion, it isn't a wise step to price the game that high right now. Sure, there will be people who will buy it, mainly the fans here on this board and some people from outside who discovered Toribash... somehow. I'd say, start small and grow. Eventually you might be able to sell it for $24.95, but not now. The 'Lifetime updates for free' thing will stand in the way for this, but really, just think about it.

There will be people who will disagree with me, but I really don't care, actually. It's just my opinion.
i'd feel sorry for hampa affter the insults he took, but that would be pity and i don't pity ppl that can pawn me in this game ;)

allso my poll showed it was only a small amout of ppl
Going from $0.00 to $24.95 is a BIG step! I'm not going to buy it, but that doesn't mean I want Toribash to die on it's ass!

Right we want to play this game we all collectively play suport and mods it and it is fun, some us think the price is steep some of us will blindly pay an arm for it {not everyone}

the point is if you want to pay or not the money is going to be need to keep it going and with only 748 of us on this forum and a handful who just read it at 25 bucks it is to much and 5 bucks with the little amount of us will get hampa nothing compare to the time it took to get this far.

If you want to get the price lowered spread the word of this little games exsistance.

Go to other forums and leave a screen or vid and a brief statment about the game rise some intrest elsewhere leave a link or something.

A big fan base means more ppl will buy and more money means more features and then eventually lower price.

And im sure that hampa would apprecaite the free advertisement hampa owes us nothing it is his game he made it for you so stop bitching and lets find a way to help!
hey hampa, will you download it or get it in the mail after you buy it.

ps. i don't know how to get i pic on my forum posts please help me

[NERD]
[OLDA]
[inq]
Funny how absolutely no one had ANY complaints about Toribash when it was thought to be free forever, and praised it as one of the best games they've played. Now that someone wants a little compensation for their work, everyone seems to be finding flaws.

Seriously guys, $15 is nothing. That's 50 cents a day for a month. It's a meal for two at Carl's Jr. At minimum wage, that's a little over 2 hours of work. Compare that to how many hours you've spent on Toribash already.
well said and that has been established already. are you going to buy it ,and what forum did you post your support at?
Mine's already pre-ordered. Didn't have a second thought about it, either.
I thought I'd point out Vampire that a lot of people who are not planning to buy Toribash would have already left, making a poll a little bias perhaps.
Originally Posted by Mojo
Funny how absolutely no one had ANY complaints about Toribash when it was thought to be free forever, and praised it as one of the best games they've played. Now that someone wants a little compensation for their work, everyone seems to be finding flaws.

Seriously guys, $15 is nothing. That's 50 cents a day for a month. It's a meal for two at Carl's Jr. At minimum wage, that's a little over 2 hours of work. Compare that to how many hours you've spent on Toribash already.

Red herring. It doesn't matter what other things we could be doing with that money.

If a million people gave me a dollar, I would be a millionare. That's one dollar, that is 4 cents a day per month. However, I would still not have done anything to earn it.

This is not to say that hampa has not worked hard on the game. I am sure that he has. However, work is irrelevant unless it is largely productive. Three years to get where toribash now is not really that impressive. Could I do it? No. However, I would wager that a staffed company could produce it in a couple of weeks. We have to look at perspective: sure, $15 is not alot of money compared to other things you might need money for. However, it is also a complete waste on a game that is not polished. Graphics don't make the game, but they sure do make a difference in who buys it. You'll get the fanboys from these forums at best, and nobody else. If the fanboys here are so eager to pay for it in the first place, why haven't they already donated?

I really think that this could be handled in better ways.