Toribash
Original Post
Discurage people from making alts
So, if toribash had a much longer tutorial like the fight school with a few more stuff added ( this was disscused before multiple times - like climbing a box, perform a 50m run, and stuf like that) that would take 30 min to complete and give people a wider view of the game, people wouldent make so many alts.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
How about we just let people who want to make alts make alts?

Email varification would be annoying.

Not all people have phones/would EVER want to use their phone number to sign up for something

Many people wouldn't want to go through a 30 minute tutorial

The current tutorial is enough- running/climbing are useless, considering there's youtube tutorials, and that most people don't run or climb anyway.

However! I do think that the tutorial should have several sections so that people who choose to do an extended tutorial can do so. For example: An in-game tutorial for the "youtube run".

But as far as using the tutorial to discourage alt creation, it's a bad idea.
Co-leader of Nitro | Replays
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
It takes a few clicks to make a temporary email. It would just be pointless effort.

You can also make an email with fake/random data, verify the account and leave it.

And I don't really see how an eternal tutorial would help, really. Kikipro already made a great point: an extensive, obligatory tutorial would make the game extremely boring/exhaustive for newcomers.

Originally Posted by SkyWhale View Post
How about we just let people who want to make alts make alts?

Email varification would be annoying.

Not all people have phones/would EVER want to use their phone number to sign up for something

Many people wouldn't want to go through a 30 minute tutorial

The current tutorial is enough- running/climbing are useless, considering there's youtube tutorials, and that most people don't run or climb anyway.

However! I do think that the tutorial should have several sections so that people who choose to do an extended tutorial can do so. For example: An in-game tutorial for the "youtube run".

But as far as using the tutorial to discourage alt creation, it's a bad idea.

Guessing you two never heard of a skip feature

I would rather a longer tutorial, the current tutorial as it is, is quite short and doesn't leave much of an impression.
we should add a way for people to delete their alts if they so desire, maybe clean things up a bit?
Originally Posted by skorban View Post
we should add a way for people to delete their alts if they so desire, maybe clean things up a bit?

You can't delete accounts that are made.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm a ToriAgent, got any questions? Send me a private message here.
Originally Posted by Kikipro View Post
You can't delete accounts that are made.

I don't think this is true. I think hard deleting is possible but just not done because it's impractical.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Didn't hard deleting mess with other stuff? And it just wasn't worth it?

Just for the sake of weighing in on the main topic, I don't see the problem with alts. There are tons of uses for alts, and there's almost no problem with them. If you're having trouble with someone making alts and trolling your private server, set maxclients or set a password. Or, set a QI restriction on the room.
Seriously, making alt accounts is the best (the only ?) way to play in calm for me...

My Youtube channel : Mocucha Toribash

Whats even your problem with alts. Even if they get cheesy on a bet server you deserved to lose some tc, because you are then obviously to cocky and confident.

And whats the point of a longer tutorial. All you need to know is what joint does what, and you have to have some kind of understanding of physics.

Klein Bottles only have one surface so they are the easiest thing to clean

Originally Posted by Ukephile View Post
Whats even your problem with alts. Even if they get cheesy on a bet server you deserved to lose some tc, because you are then obviously to cocky and confident.

And whats the point of a longer tutorial. All you need to know is what joint does what, and you have to have some kind of understanding of physics.

Well in all honesty (this isn't really much of a legit reason not to have alts but its my reason I don't like most alts), I would rather know the real account name of those I defeat in battle. Its more of a pride thing in my case. Its not much of a moral win when you think you just beat a green belt when in actuality you beat a really good player who just happens to be disguised as a green belt. It also is part of a strategy, When you fight someone enough times you can make a mental list of how they usually play, Which you cant do if they keep changing accounts. If I have a feeling that the account im fighting is an alt that I haven't met before, I usually ask them of what their main account name is.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
Originally Posted by Fates View Post
Well in all honesty (this isn't really much of a legit reason not to have alts but its my reason I don't like most alts), I would rather know the real account name of those I defeat in battle. Its more of a pride thing in my case. Its not much of a moral win when you think you just beat a green belt when in actuality you beat a really good player who just happens to be disguised as a green belt. It also is part of a strategy, When you fight someone enough times you can make a mental list of how they usually play, Which you cant do if they keep changing accounts. If I have a feeling that the account im fighting is an alt that I haven't met before, I usually ask them of what their main account name is.

This.
There's a different feeling between when you defeating an alt and a main account. Also I'm that kind of person who gonna take it easy to a new player since it's really embarassing to play seriously to them. Kinda annoying when they are pretending to be a new player on early match but then suddenly being good after that.

About the suggestion, I prefer strict registration process to make an account a valuable thing. I remember in my country, you need to give your identity card number to registering a local Battle Net account for playing DoTA(War Craft 3). What I mean by local Battle Net is it's only for one country, similar with private server. But this is a problem since Toribash is for 13+, in my country identity card is for 17+, not sure about another country.
[Steam] [Art] [Music]