Ranking
8D *Dedicates avatar to Slash, dude wtf.*

<:
Last edited by dbuhos; Nov 1, 2009 at 12:58 PM.
Centuries Of Damn
Gahhhh.

Jesus FUCKING christ, guys. Can't I have the flu for 3 days without the clan utterly dissolving?

Originally Posted by aslask View Post
Did I ever say he did? He does a great job. His brother, not so much.

Aslask, what the shit, man. Phail does absolutely nothing in the way of running the clan. That's why I did the fucking 'kick' (not much of one, would have booted others, but you know, shitstorms etc), cos there was wayyyyyyyyy too much detachment and inactivity.

Guys, I can read the edit history, and I have to say I had a lot more faith in you than what you've shown in loyalty. I am now classed as 'disgruntled.'
In future:

You leave, you stay gone. Sigma is not your fucking sliding door that you can enter and leave as you please.

Keep that in mind.
And be bloody glad you decided to do that when I had no access to my PC, Aslask.
infamous
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
You leave, you stay gone. Sigma is not your fucking sliding door that you can enter and leave as you please.

I left. I came back. Shall I just go ahead and leave then Rob?
Ele didn't leave maliciously. He wasn't using us as a back-up option if anyother clan denied him. He simply fulfilled his wish to make a clan. It didn't go well and I wouldn't think it right if he wasn't allowed back in. Sometime in the future I too would like to make a clan but I'm not experienced or financially good just yet. Having said that, this is where all my brosephs are and if I wasn't in my own clan, I'd want to be here.
Σ
Er, the council will most certainly be voting on what Warcry said above. His opinion does not represent my current views, though I see where he is coming from. I do understand the situation of yesterday and gladly welcomed you all back as I see you as valuable members. However, we would appreciate it if you used a little more disgression and descision making, though we may be like that now we might not always be. And other organizations/clans/real life opportunities will not be as leanient.

[/warcry-post-only-more-subtle]
[CENTER]
lead Sigma
Erhem....

If I may offer my two pennies.

It's easy to "armchair quarterback" a clan, saying that everything would better if we could just _______, or if we change _________.

A large clan is very much the same as, say, the promo team, or market squad. All of them require leadership and direction. All of them require management and adjustment. Whether your team creates toribash based events and promotions, keeps an area of the forum controlled, or just bands together to snap necks and cash checks, they all require a lot of the same elements. That being said, these organized large groups are DIFFICULT to maintain.

It's easy to tag 10 people together in a [DSC] and call yourselves a clan, but you've really not faced any trials until you're maintaining clan reputations both ingame and on the forums, keeping up with clan IRC channels, updating and maintaining the clan bank, etc.... FOR 30 PEOPLE. If one member of your team begins to misbehave, it has to be attended to... and that's attention that could be spent somewhere else useful. Same goes with problems with the bank, or even members joining, and then leaving quickly. Setting up a council helped distribute this workload among the trusted members... but a lot of those members have become inactive, and everything is falling upon Phail and Warcry to complete the tasks alone. So, the issue of the council must be addressed.

Why do you guys have to get your panties in a bunch? Would you rage-quit your own family the first time someone had an argument, or your parents decided you couldn't have a house key or stay out late? No, of course not. Discussions and re-evaluations of policies are everyday occurrences, whether it's in a family, a business environment, the promo-team, or even this clan. It's not a sign of the end times... it's just a part of the growth process. Some people have not/are not pulling their weight in this clan, so things are being re-evaluated so that this clan can maintain a solid reputation as one of the more elite clans of Toribash. This is normal.

Splitting off and starting your own clan or joining another only perpetuates the problem, and frankly, your clan probably won't last anyway. I won't pull out clan statistics based on the number of dead clan boards I can see, but your rate of survival is about as good as mine is playing gman in aikido... very low. Anyway, [Sigma] is a good clan, and has a solid history. A small hiccup in the hierarchy is not going to shake the foundations.

tl;dr?

Grow some fuzz on your peaches and start pulling your weight in this clan if you want to make a positive impact. You can either run from the problem, or be a part of the solution.
Novitech said all that I would need to say.
But I'm not leaving this can, ever. I have a hunch (even if its not true) that Phail or Warcry had something to do with me getting Promoteam traineeship.