Toribash
Sorry guys my dad won't let me get it. Says its too riscky, virus danger etc.

I know there won't be any (hopefully) malicous stuff on the channel, but in general it is too risky. I'll see what I can do though
'Speed doesn't kill people. It's coming to a sudden stop that kills you' - Anon
-----
'A witty saying proves nothing' - Anon
-----
'The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one.' — George Bernard Shaw
Don't worry too much.

If it's possible to make your dad read this post, it might help a bit...

There won't be any malicious virus-type stuff on IRC. There never is, it's wrong to do, and the channel is hidden, so random users looking to spam the channel with virus links can't even find it.

There is the chance of linking to various shocksites, but that's as bad as it gets. And even then, people tend to get banned for doing it. Might happen once, but they soon learn not to do it again.

And links in IRC always stay true to their directory, there's no way to disguise the link. As long as you never click on ANYTHING that goes anywhere not starting with www.toribash.com, you can't go wrong.

Of course, I can understand where your dad comes from, my parents were the same for a very long time, until I learned more about computers than they did. As of right now, I have my router set up to deny access to shocksites and anything that runs a non-.pdf application when it is opened.

But don't worry too much about your dad not letting you get IRC, it's going to force you to have more time to focus on schoolwork. Learning goooooooood. Slacking bad.