Toribash
Original Post
Game title art contest: 27k + items available
So me and lancer_c are working on a video game that we decided we need some epic art for, and don't wanna try drawing it ourselves. That being said, we come to you, bearing prizes, to anyone that can make some sweet spike man(working title) themed art. We are primarily looking for art to use as the background the the main menu, but good art may be used throughout the game.

Game demo so far(windows only):
http://www.box.net/shared/is9v80d9se

our subjects:

spikeman and his unicorn

spikeman and a possible antagonist

possible antagonist with a tophat

Rules:
-Original artwork only*, use the above images and any examples provided only as inspiration.
*This means no photomanipulation.
-by submitting an entry you are forfeiting all rights to the submitted artwork.
-minimum resolution 800x600

Guidelines:
-spikeman is faceless and should remain as such.
-images with spikeman and his unicorn together are preferable, but images with single subjects are not discouraged.
-no text in the images.

Examples and concept ideas:

say this image was instead spikeman on a unicorn, that would be sweet.

This is the title art for Charles Barkley, Shut up and Jam: Gaiden. The style is excellent.

Prizes Available:
Along with being credited for your art in our game, these items and credits are available to any entry we consider to be worthy of prizes. Note that we will be awarding several prizes, there will be no defined placing of prizes.

Vampire Torso
Quicksilver Force
Pharos DQ
Dragon Torso
25.5k TC

Prizes Awarded:
976TC - Pulitzer for his inital entry, as well as being first to post an accepted entry.
250TC x4 - rado1100, for his entries.
Vampire Blood + Vampire Relax - SgtBeans, for his entry.
500TC- biomek, for effort.

This contest will run until we either stop it or run out of prizes.

If you want to talk to me about your submission, I'm usually on the toribash irc, so /msg pyreon and we can talk.
Last edited by pyreon; Jan 4, 2009 at 07:33 PM.
That sir, is win. i would love to see the finished product. I'm keeping an eye on this thread.

[RAWR]NutHug: I CAN MAKE DIAPER BROWN
yeah pulitzer, that's pretty much what we're looking for, it'd be great to see that finished, and for submitting it i'll send you 500 tc now, could go way up if it turns out well

edit: Pulitzer, imo it doesn't look better than your original post, too blurry. If you could change the pic back to the original and post improved entries in additional posts, that would be appreciated.
Last edited by pyreon; Dec 21, 2008 at 08:25 AM.

Better?
“I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig, you get dirty; and besides, the pig likes it." Click to give me TC
Just wondering Pulitzer, do you have the very first version of the pic? The one in your first post before you edited it, because I think I still like that one the most
No, sorry.
“I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig, you get dirty; and besides, the pig likes it." Click to give me TC
alright, well, i'm going to go ahead and say you can stop working on it. Thanks in any case for being the first one to actually follow the rules and give us something we wanted, for that, you get whatever creds i have over 27k, which turns out to be 476.

Of course, you're welcome to submit more entries if you want.
Last edited by pyreon; Dec 22, 2008 at 08:13 AM.
Arr!
I was about to do an entry. Is the "contest" over?
nope, it's only over when either we say it is or we run out of prizes, and i'll keep available prizes/prizes awarded updated in the first post