Toribash
I'd appreciate if you guys could stop arguing and keep on topic please. We all have our own views and now my financial status is on the first post.
| old boi | Cyri | Xioi | Chill | SparChar | Fatman | JackMorris |
"Go back in time and get it tomorrow" - Jack
Originally Posted by rossbarker View Post
I'd appreciate if you guys could stop arguing and keep on topic please. We all have our own views and now my financial status is on the first post.

Yeah, sorry about that. Anyway, you stated you'd be doing a lot of gaming, I'd suggest you check the video card's performance in some online reviews, and see if it sufficient for your needs, I'm almost certain it won't run some of the today's games at an enjoyable level while keeping a good graphical setting, though it might fit your needs, if you can endure playing games in lower resolution, and with blurry textures(I have some friends who do that.), and other low graphics settings.

As for the cpu, I have no idea about that one, I'm usually an Intel guy, and I don't know much about AMD ones, so reading some reviews about those wouldn't hurt either.

for motherboard: read the amd stuff above.

PSU: 600W is more than sufficient for that config, and coolermaster is usually reliable.

Ram: 2x4(can't comment on that, the size is up to you), though you won't need to go higher in frequency, 1600, or even 1333 should be more than enough, you won't notice difference on a daily usage, unless you're doing some hard work on multiple SSDs and powerful cpus, which I assume you won't.Didn't notice that SSD.

HDD: 1TB, can't comment on the size either, but you might want to look for a higher rpm number when buying one, it's usually either 5400rpm(round per minute) or 7200. As far as I can remember the "blue" ones should be the faster, while the "green" should be the slower, more environment friendly ones, I can be wrong though.
Last edited by GamerDaPro; Oct 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM.
0x6869706F7469626F72
Originally Posted by GamerDaPro View Post
Yeah, sorry about that. Anyway, you stated you'd be doing a lot of gaming, I'd suggest you check the video card's performance in some online reviews, and see if it sufficient for your needs, I'm almost certain it won't run some of the today's games at an enjoyable level while keeping a good graphical setting, though it might fit your needs, if you can endure playing games in lower resolution, and with blurry textures(I have some friends who do that.), and other low graphics settings.

According my my friend who owns one of the cards, it can run Battlefield 3 on full Ultra settings, which is more than enough and significantly better than the absolute minimal settings that my current machine can run, and I doubt that the rest of the components will bottleneck the performance.
Reviews also say it is good quality.
Your CPU,GPU and mobo are compatible and your PSU is sufficient. I'd suggest moving up to a 7770 or a 7790 but that's 50-70 USD more. If you were willing to reshuffle money I'd suggest dropping the CPU to a X4 750k, which should give you enough money to upgrade your GPU to a 7770. Your CPU is way out of proportion of your system and won't really be useful, so it's better to downgrade it a bit for GPU. If you could spend the extra $20 to move up to a 7790, that would be great.

If you want to save money you can downgrade your hdd to a WD red, since you have an SSD and plenty of RAM.

You don't need a soundcard. There is 0 benefit to buying a soundcard, don't do it ever. If you really need better quality audio get a DAC. You can google audiophile hardware and verify that this is the best way to do things. Soundcards are a huge ripoff.
Herp

Derp

Dude stop posting, you have no idea what you are talking about, and if OP actually listens to your advice he may end up regretting it.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
According my my friend who owns one of the cards, it can run Battlefield 3 on full Ultra settings, which is more than enough and significantly better than the absolute minimal settings that my current machine can run, and I doubt that the rest of the components will bottleneck the performance.
Reviews also say it is good quality.

Nice, that one was supposed to be an entry level card when I bought mine, and it seems to be pretty impressive for that.

Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
You don't need a soundcard. There is 0 benefit to buying a soundcard, don't do it ever. If you really need better quality audio get a DAC. You can google audiophile hardware and verify that this is the best way to do things. Soundcards are a huge ripoff.

Dude stop posting, you have no idea what you are talking about, and if OP actually listens to your advice he may end up regretting it.

Originally Posted by random guy from an audio forum
Here's what a maketing man probably once said... "Take a soundcard, reduce its functionality to 50%, 25%, or even less, and multiply its price by 10, 20, 100 or even more. We'll sell it called 'DAC'"

This was amongst the first google results, just for the record.

And again, I would still choose any soundcard over any "DAC" because of the wider range of usefulness, and the lower price. If he isn't going to do audio work, then he should be fine with the onboard audio, if he is, then "DAC" isn't worth it just because it's in a shiny case.

Also, don't tell him what he needs, and what he doesn't need, let him decide.And don't tell me what I should, and I shouldn't do, thanks.
Last edited by GamerDaPro; Oct 31, 2013 at 03:49 PM. Reason: typo
0x6869706F7469626F72
This was amongst the first google results, just for the record.

Oh, so that's where you learnt about audio.
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post

<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by some random guy in this thread I don't remember
You can google audiophile hardware and verify that this is the best way to do things.

You told me to google it, or did you forget it? Please pay more attention to what you've posted before.
0x6869706F7469626F72
Guys, stop the arguments again please, and I've decided to change cases to the Xigmatek Asgard III. Still looking at some other GPUs and CPUs, although I am doing a fair bit of rendering so I may keep the CPU, also to prevent myself from going through the trouble of finding a new motherboard.
Last edited by rossbarker; Oct 31, 2013 at 08:42 PM.
Guys, stop the arguments again please, and I've decided to change cases to the Xigmatek Asgard III. Still looking at some other GPUs and CPUs, although I am doing a fair bit of rendering so I may keep the CPU, also to prevent myself from going through the trouble of finding a new motherboard.

You should be fine, you might want to do what the clever guy said though, upgrading the gpu later on, if it appears to be insufficient by any means.
The newer gpus are usually more supported driver-wise, (not that you need to worry about the drivers for older cards though). And they are built with newer technology(22nm iirc), thus are less power hungry(not necessairly), and heat less intensively.
Last edited by GamerDaPro; Oct 31, 2013 at 11:02 PM.
0x6869706F7469626F72
You should be fine, you might want to do what the clever guy said though, upgrading the gpu later on, if it appears to be insufficient by any means.

Yeah, it isn't very futureproof but it's a great deal. In fact I could get two and run them in crossfire if I need to.