Ranking
Originally Posted by Jakeway
So take away semi automatic rifles and pistols that hold more than 10 rounds. You'll have a bunch of people shooting other people with 10 round pistols. Then what, he spends a little extra time learning to reload faster?

What exactly makes pistols that hold 10+ rounds so important to you?

Despite your sneering denigration, there is a very clear reduction in a shooter's ability to kill as a result of this limitation.
Last edited by Boredpayne; Sep 8, 2013 at 03:11 AM.
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.
Rifles? Public area? WHAT THE HELL? I don't think anything bigger then a .45 should be allowed in public, let alone an M4
They're trying to prove a point but I honestly don't think they should be, exercising their rights is fine but as OP mentioned it made him and probably most others uncomfortable.
I would be uncomfortable if I saw some random guy walking down the street with an assault rifle.
Where I live it's illegal for anybody except military personnel to carry or even possess assault grade weapons (anything that is capable of automatic fire), and even having a pistol requires a permit (but you can't carry it in public, so it's against burglars only). The permit itself is hard to obtain, and you have to pass several tests including a psychological one. The permit itself has to be renewed every once in a while.
Gun related crime is pretty rare, needless to say.
Originally Posted by aracoon View Post
They're trying to prove a point but I honestly don't think they should be, exercising their rights is fine but as OP mentioned it made him and probably most others uncomfortable.
I would be uncomfortable if I saw some random guy walking down the street with an assault rifle.

Yeah and it wasn't just 1 person, it was a group of 10-15.
inq.
I don't have a problem with people owning guns or CC'ing. Having a gun does not make you a murderer, and it does not make you a psychopath. Gun ownership and availability by themselves do not increase homicide rates. USA is a unique and extremely violent country, so don't consider it a representative or general case.

Killing people is already illegal, so making it illegal to acquire things that are perceived to make it easier to kill people is redundant and oxymoronic.

Originally Posted by Boredpayne View Post
How deliberately obtuse. The obvious problem with semi-automatic guns or guns with many rounds is that they CAN be used to kill many people at a time, and unfortunately this does happen.

Reloading also happens. Check up on shootings by weapon. The highest numbers are pistols, and often with many reloads. Ferguson is an exception rather than a rule, other shooters reloaded more than 6 times without any problem.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by Jakeway View Post
Its not a show of force, its a protest against gun laws. They don't walk around with assault rifles because they want to feel safe, they do it because they can.

How do you know? Do you know these guys and there intentions? Besides, there are more civilised ways to protest against gun laws. You don't need to act like a dick and walk around with assault rifles in a peaceful neighbourhood. If anything, it scares people.
Why my father owns a few assault rifles and we have had some good times shooting jugs of water and an old car that was on our property. I guess we were killing those water jugs. It's fun and a good hobby

This isn't about owning assault rifles and using them on private property. This is about walking around town, showing off your guns for no reason at all.

Anyway, I've read this thread and there is only one conclusion: there is simply no valid reason why anyone should wave their large guns around in public.

Also, stop derailing the thread. This isn't about legalising or banning certain types of arms. This is about whether it is justified to walk around in your neighbourhood with exposed assault rifles.

If you want a gun debate, make a new thread.
f=m*a syens
Ok they are carrying them because they feel the need to exercise their rights. That's all the reason they need and to me thats a good reason. These people aren't psychos they are passionate about their guns.
Ok they are carrying them because they feel the need to exercise their rights. That's all the reason they need and to me thats a good reason. These people aren't psychos they are passionate about their guns.

That's not a reason at all. A right of one person is only protected if it doesn't infringe on the rights of others. Give a reason why their right to own a gun also gives them a right to wave it around and intimidate other people with it. They can be passionate in private when they shoot at a range; they don't, and shouldn't, need to do it in public. As an analogy, you can be proud of your dick, but please don't wave it around in public, it makes the rest of us uncomfortable. You can play around with it in private.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
As an analogy, you can be proud of your dick, but please don't wave it around in public, it makes the rest of us uncomfortable. You can play around with it in private.

I've seen someone do that before.. Ok on topic, I don't think it should be legal for a man to walk around armed with any sort of open weapon, imagine if a crazed dipshit came up, snagged the gun and started gunning people down? I think having a concealed handgun for personal protection is fine, as well as shooting guns at target dummies, but for the love of hampa, why are these 'men' (Clearly they are such big pussies they feel they need to walk around with an m4 to protect themself) walking around with open guns in the first place? I'm starting to lose even MORE faith in humanity, and oracle +1 for that analogy.