Ranking
Re: what's all this then? -- about the payment issues...
Originally Posted by Tombot
Three years is a long time, time enough to make this without needing to put that much effort in.

without needing to put that much effort in?
you do realize that hampa is a one man team and that this game was a side project right? as im sure everyone knows by now i'd pay double if i found a way to pay but i cant so ill just have to relax till i convince someone who will let me use their credit card
Really, this game is not worth paying for. Taking 24$ for this game is just waaay too much, and you will lose a lot of players. If you'd lower the price to about 5-6$, I'd buy it, but anything over that is just too expencive.

This game also has the quality of a free game. Look at steam for example, there you have a lot of good games (red orchestra, sin: episodes, hl2: ep1 etc.) for only 19.99$ per game.
Originally Posted by rubby
without needing to put that much effort in?
you do realize that hampa is a one man team and that this game was a side project right?

Exactly my point.
that was probly the most hypocritical thing iv ever heard anybody say...

Originally Posted by Flaringo
Really, this game is not worth paying for. Taking 24$ for this game is just waaay too much, and you will lose a lot of players. If you'd lower the price to about 5-6$, I'd buy it, but anything over that is just too expencive.

This game also has the quality of a free game. Look at steam for example, there you have a lot of good games (red orchestra, sin: episodes, hl2: ep1 etc.) for only 19.99$ per game.

you said that its a good game, but you dont want to pay 24$, however all those games from steam are also good, but 19.99 EACH, basically you're saying you'd rather pay a total of about 80$ for a bunch of games, but you dont want to dish out 24 for toribash, hell its only 15 if you get it now... and if you cant afford it right now, then just save your money, you are faster to horde money because you fell mad about a game, than a homeless person is to spend it on beer...

i myself cant afford it right now, because being 15 i dont have a job yet, but when i get one you can sure as hell bet that im gonna spend the 25 for it
Bad Gameplay and Bad Graphics = Bad game.
Bad Gameplay and Good Graphics = Bad Game.
Good Gameplay and Good Graphics = Good Game.

Good Gameplay and Bad Graphics = Good game.

For some of you, Toribash will come under that last rule (3rd for me - but i am techy and program 3D apps). I became bored of HL2 in about half a month. I am still interested in Toribash after a full month.
That is saying something, as I become bored of games very quickly, and move on very quickly.

For me, Toribash is worth the money (and more), for some, it is not. It all depends on how much value you place on the dollar, pound, euro, etc. The reason Half Life 2 can cost so little is because they have a set amount of money to pay (developers, servers, etc). From this, they can guess how much each person has to pay. If they thought half the people were going to buy it, the game would be twice as expensive.

Hampa has worked it out, and this is how much he needs to keep the game running. If you want the price to come down, you need more people to play and pay.
I has a flavour
Originally Posted by Jaso12
that was probly the most hypocritical thing iv ever heard anybody say...

Originally Posted by Flaringo

you said that its a good game, but you dont want to pay 24$, however all those games from steam are also good, but 19.99 EACH, basically you're saying you'd rather pay a total of about 80$ for a bunch of games, but you dont want to dish out 24 for toribash, hell its only 15 if you get it now...

When did I ever say I'd spend 80$ for a bunch games instead of 24$ for Toribash (and yes, if that bunch of games was a bunch of games I really wanted, and I had 80$, I'd spend 80$ on those games instead of Toribash). What I'm saying is, that if I had 24$, I'd rather spend it on something like those games I mentioned.

but you're missing the bigger picture, those games are made by profesionals (scuse my spelling) and they have teams, they have expirience, hampa at most maybe has 2 others helping him, in fact im pretty sure its just him, hampa also has taken 3 years of his life to make this game, 300$ a month to hold the servers, and i dont want to think of the money it cost for him to learn this stuff, and you are to damned greedy to give him a mear 15-25$ out of your pocket wich you could make back in a week, even less.

you are giving him about 15-25 dollars out of your pocket... and he has spent thousands...T-H-O-U-S-A-N-D-S of dollars for you to enjoy it, and the moment comes when he asks for less than a percent of it back from you and you cant do it
That those other games are made by proffessionals doesn't make any difference. Let's say you were going to buy a picture, would you rather buy the ugly and expencive picture, made by a guy without any painting skills (no, I'm not refering to hampa, he is a damn good programmer if he made this game all alone), or would you buy the cheaper and more beautiful picture?

I don't care about how much he's spent to make it, how much he has spent to keep the servers up, or how long it took; the point I'm trying to make, is that he wants 24$ for a game where you control ragdolls to fight eachother (and it's not even running smooth [of course I understand that he has done a very good job developing this game, and it must've been hard work]), while I can get 10 times better games even cheaper. There is a lot of other free and even more popular (online) games that wont, and never will, require you to buy it.

If this game wasn't free, I wouldn't even have tried it (if it was a demo).

I'm 14, so sometime I just have money, and sometimes I don't. When I have money, I wan't to spend them on things I really want, or save them for the more expencive things I want.
if you're 14 you shouldn't even be saying anything, because you don't understand the value of a dollar, i am only 15, but the difference between you and i, is that i have work expirience, and have interviews lined up, and i have a cell phone, and internet bill to pay, so i know when im able to spend money and when i can't, you may get a few dollars here and there, but until you actually have to do what im doing (saving for a car, college) you don't have the slightest clue what money is, to you it is the key to material possensions. when you can get a job, and you can save for a car, or whatever else you NEED in life... you really have no idea what money is
15 year olds have no idea what money is.

I am 19. I am at Uni. I have to pay for a house, pay university fees, pay for my own food, clothes, petrol, insurance, utility bills, etc.
I has a flavour