Ranking
It's fun to fantasize about anarchy but it would never work for reasons my fellow forum users already listed.
Prelude for time feelers
Religion has no place in an anarchy. It is quite simply irrelevant. As is race.
I'd like to see Hulk get so pissed that he exits his physical body.
Instead of being powered by psychic energy or whatever, he's powered by ARRRGH FUCK YOU
Thinking people will simply stop to think in terms of religion when anarchy has been established is rather naïve. You can't forbid it (remember: you are in an anarchy)
Originally Posted by BladeNin
Is he a player or a monster?

Originally Posted by Juntalis View Post
Like communism, an impossible system, due to the fact that human beings are, by nature, stupid greedy pieces of shit.

^
Originally Posted by Mister616 View Post
Where have we got the idea that anarchy is bad?
The media.
Who controls media content?
The governments.
What is the government's way of enforcing rules?
The police.
Who makes the laws for the police to unquestionably follow?
The government.

Ill correct this for you:

Where have we got the idea that anarchy is bad?
Personal experience
Who controls media content?
Mainly private enterprise (partially controlled by government, mainly in comminist countries)
What is the government's way of enforcing rules?
The judicial system
Who makes the laws for the police to follow reasonably?
The government, after the law having been developed, and passed through multiple houses, filled with representatives of the people.

So you see, you were wrong. It seems that you have some interesting misconceptions; A bully takes you lollipop, what do you do? cry to a teacher, they fix it. What do you do if your car is stolen? cry to a policeman, they fix it. In anarchy you have none of this, its you verse them, you need to system to protect you.
Since when do government control the media in non-comminist countries? thats ridiculous to even pretend that. The government is sponsored by the media companies, if you go against them they pull out of sponsorship. No, by no means does the government 'control' the media.
The police enforce the rules? hah, ive never seen a policeman sentence someone to 6 years in jail. They simply collect information for the courts to make a decision on.
Yes, the government makes the law, but remember the long and tedious process that has to be gone through, they cant just do whatever they want. In Australia laws must be written, passed through the lower and upper houses, then reviewed. And if the public doesn't like the law? well, it will be changed, parties are always vying for ways to become more popular, they will seize the opportunity.

Originally Posted by Mister616 View Post
Religion has no place in an anarchy. It is quite simply irrelevant. As is race.

Not sure how you figured that out, but without an overruling body dont you think religious groups would step up to the challenge of controlling the masses? Obviously they wield only and elective power, and is in no way overwhelming, but they would have a very big role in an anarchist society.

Like communism, an impossible system, due to the fact that human beings are, by nature, stupid greedy pieces of shit.

We made democracy work didnt we? We basicly said "here, you, politcal parties, we dont really like you but take all the power and fight it out amoungst yourselves." We have no real power in democracy, only a tiny few can control a lot of power, but their power stems from those that will follow or purchase from them.
I think that you are looking at it the wrong way, what stops Bush from declaring his own private wars to help those who sponsored his political campaign? Oh wait, bad example, he did that.
What stops him from going all the way and setting the American army loose on all those who dont vote for Mcain (or whoever he supports)?
He would lose power, thats why he doesnt do it.
Communism only failed because it was a minority, and so had way too much pressure on it, and also because not everyone wanted it, they liked the illusion of power on the election day...

Big post FTW!
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Everything evolves into democracy because we all want to be equal, then into republic because we dont want to do the paperwork.

Anarchy takes us wanting equality, and no paperwork, and makes it work.

Its just a matter of making it acceptable to the public.
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
No, it's a matter of changing the nature of the human race. Good luck with that.

No it isnt, whats to stop me from grabbing a knife right now and trying to take over the world? oh yeah, its just not feasible. Everyone in the world can just pick up their own knives and fight back.
Its nothing to do with changing the nature of the human race, its to do with changing the publics opinion on anarchy

How would there be any foreign policy with another country who isn't anarchist?

What happens when a big group with lots of guns comes along?

Why would you need a foreign policy? It would be redundant...

If lots of people with guns come then you can fight back with guns, anarchy doesnt mean you have no weapons, or fighting ability. And even if you dont want to fight back, you just say "ok then, you guys have taken over" and go back to what you were doing. Either fight or accept it, same as any country.
I think that you are getting confused, Anarchy doesnt mean sending your country back to the stoneage, you still have private enterprise to import and export, they will probably deal in whatever currency is most convenient, and so would everyone else.

Most countries have something of value to export, and so the lack of tax and export/import restrictions would be a big plus.