Ranking
I'm thankful that there's people buying Qi.
It's a simple and effective way of supporting the game since hampa can't really live off of our honorable intentions of "rightfully" earning Qi.

Plus, it has no effect on the game's balance.
All you need to remember is that you can't trust someone to be experienced because of their belt and it shouldn't bother you too much.
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
Originally Posted by -Link View Post
If they used their own money, technically, they worked harder than someone who actually got their belt by playing.

who's to say it's not their parents money?

and how did they work harder? 1k qi is what like 5 dollars? so they worked less than an hour at a minimum wage job? implying the minimum wage is $7.25 like it is here in my state, it's higher in other places definitely. even if the highest amount is like $20 for 10k (im too lazy to check) they worked 3ish hours for that at a minimum wage job

edit: as opposed to someone who is limited to 100 qi a day playing for a month (implying they are even playing 100 games every day)
Last edited by mWah; May 18, 2014 at 11:14 PM.
teeth marks on my goosebumps, the chains frostbit me.
well ok, for someone who have been perma banned, but if you want Qi for buy some items... I say no... sorry but it's a game, the objective of a game is to play to get more lvl to get more stuff, you know, we haven't got the possibility to get useful stuff like for boost his tori, it's ok but if you can buy your belt... I know this is nothing but whats rest? the experience? ok why not but it's not quantifiable! not visible at the first sight! I'm sorry Obli but we can support Hampa without ruin the belt system, you don't how much money I spend to get for example, my texture item or my flame. anyway think about someone who watch a video on YT, I watch a video on YT and I felt on a video of Sweex, largekilla and precisely You(+ some other people) and thats why I'm here. you imagine if someone fall on a video of JookerBb or WolfkidxD? who are 6th dan black and Master belt respectively. (btw like you) Wow what a very good first impression!
oh and link, sorry but the majority of toribash player are between 13 and 16 years old not more so I don't think they are working so hard, they just wait their pocket money...
I'm pretty sure I forgot something but even if you are not old I think you are able to realise the situation.
Elle couuurt, Elle coooourt! LA MAAAAaaaAaladiiiie d'amOOoour! Dans le c... (cœur) des enfaaants! De 16 à 77 ans!
Originally Posted by mwah View Post
who's to say it's not their parents money?

and how did they work harder? 1k qi is what like 5 dollars? so they worked less than an hour at a minimum wage job? implying the minimum wage is $7.25 like it is here in my state, it's higher in other places definitely. even if the highest amount is like $20 for 10k (im too lazy to check) they worked 3ish hours for that at a minimum wage job

edit: as opposed to someone who is limited to 100 qi a day playing for a month (implying they are even playing 100 games every day)

x) Just hypothetically speaking. No need to go all nerd on me. No offense. ;) Kids COULD have done A LOT of mowing LAUNS too. ;O you know
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
"Glad" to see there are a select few that frown upon a perk system clearly implemented to support the game you love.

Just go play the damn game and have fun.
..|.,
U1V1
Originally Posted by Astral View Post
well ok, for someone who have been perma banned, but if you want Qi for buy some items... I say no... sorry but it's a game, the objective of a game is to play to get more lvl to get more stuff, you know, we haven't got the possibility to get useful stuff like for boost his tori, it's ok but if you can buy your belt... I know this is nothing but whats rest? the experience? ok why not but it's not quantifiable! not visible at the first sight! I'm sorry Obli but we can support Hampa without ruin the belt system, you don't how much money I spend to get for example, my texture item or my flame. anyway think about someone who watch a video on YT, I watch a video on YT and I felt on a video of Sweex, largekilla and precisely You(+ some other people) and thats why I'm here. you imagine if someone fall on a video of JookerBb or WolfkidxD? who are 6th dan black and Master belt respectively. (btw like you) Wow what a very good first impression!
oh and link, sorry but the majority of toribash player are between 13 and 16 years old not more so I don't think they are working so hard, they just wait their pocket money...
I'm pretty sure I forgot something but even if you are not old I think you are able to realise the situation.

The objective of a game is to have fun. and even that is debatable
For some that involves playing to increase your level until you unlock certain items. Others base their fun in different aspects of the game.

I understand that part of your fun might be comparing your belt to others'. Lots of games are centered on grinding and flaunting the items that you earned with hard work.
The current dynamics of Toribash can offer you good times on a lot of other premises though.

You're right on one part, though. Currently the experience in this game isn't quantifiable by any means, and not quite visible at first sight in-game. But like mwah said, Qi wouldn't be a completely valuable measurement of experience either, as it is merely games played and not games won.

As for the video example - videomakers don't pick the people who'll star on it based on their belt. They either picked them based on their replays or were paid to make a video of certain players, on most cases.
That means the guys you mentioned could have stared on a video, even if they didn't buy Qi. They just had to pay for it, and honestly I don't think anyone sees vetoing the ability to make videos of lower-tier players as an option.
Generally, videos that have better editing or better replays will get the most views, because they offer the best content.
Videos of people who aren't as good will exist anyway, regardless of Qi buying or not, but they'll most likely get less views.
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
Originally Posted by -Link View Post
x) Just hypothetically speaking. No need to go all nerd on me. No offense. ;) Kids COULD have done A LOT of mowing LAUNS too. ;O you know

mwah's point is still valid, you'd still have worked longer to get 1000 qi than to mow a laWn.
I sell TC and I give loans. PM me for info.
Need help with market? PM Ryan
<augans> youre my thiggist
<Muze> Id like to say, I don't apologize, I'm a tough guy in irl and I will be a tough guy in a video game. Ok that's it.

I agree, this game is based on fun moment and the satisfaction to achieve good moves and all... but I continue to believe that when you fight for something, after this, if your good enough, this thing is yours, you earn it by your own (fighting in that case) abilities, and when you see someone... buying the equivalent of your effort with his pocket money... idk maybe this is only me but I feel like desponded
Elle couuurt, Elle coooourt! LA MAAAAaaaAaladiiiie d'amOOoour! Dans le c... (cœur) des enfaaants! De 16 à 77 ans!
Originally Posted by Ferras View Post
mwah's point is still valid, you'd still have worked longer to get 1000 qi than to mow a laWn.

Long and hard are separate things.

Toribash is a game. I'm not sure if you can call it, work. ;) Although, it is hard and you have to work. ;O So, I guess I agree 50%
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
People who buy Qi just to brag are faegs *ahemwolfkidxDahehehehemem*

Some people buy Qi to get the ELITE TIER items
Winning means dominating over countless dead bodies