Toribash
I'm not sure what happened in Chuji's post, since it looks like it got edited like crazy by Chuji and Blam, and I don't know whose colors are whose or what's implied by "behaving like Dafe does", but to address:
Originally Posted by Chuji View Post
you should mention that monkeybars.tbm goes into script folder though.

Originally Posted by Dafe View Post
How to Use:
DEnvironment.lua and monkeyBars.tbm go in your data/scripts folder.
DEnvironment.tbm goes in your data/mod folder

For the record, though, I never advertised it as working or done, and actually did the opposite and said right from the start that it's in progress, and there are issues with it doing what's intended.

This thread isn't like, "Hey, I've got this awesome finished product," but rather it was intended to gauge and generate interest:
1. To keep me motivated to work on it
2. To gather support to get changes made to Toribash itself where needed

By and large, people have seemed resigned to the game limit of 16 objects in an environment, and I wanted to get word out that it doesn't necessarily have to be that way.

If someone wants to upload the modified monkeyBars file, that works on Windows, please do. I've been too lazy to do it, since I figure I'm volunteering enough of my time on the code, and I'd rather work on fixing the parser than invest time in a stopgap solution. I just don't have a Windows machine handy at the moment for testing, so I'm working on other problems, like figuring out how to get accurate distances and scale the calculations as efficiently as possible, so you guys can get your epic castle mods.
Radioactive torso's description should be, "You have cancer like wow."
I look forward to watching this project progress. Looks good.

Also, here's the modified monkeybars.tbm file.
Attached Files
monkeyBars.tbm (2.6 KB, 16 views)
Update:
7. The script was developed on a Mac, and something about how Mac clients and Windows clients delimit lines is different. This no longer breaks the script, but output of values on the debug print functions looks weird.

I updated the file attached to the original post (DEnvironment.lua), and it should work fine on Windows now.
sounds awseome...what if u save it in the right folder but it doesnt show up??
OLDA | Fr3styL | RL | T3AL
R.I.P [Pure] 356 Threads, 19,000 Posts.
The script won't load on any version of my Toribash. I use Windows XP
Here's the stderr message. ;_;

Lua script error in file DEnvironment.lua: data/script/DEnvironment.lua:218: Environment object does not exist
infamous
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
The script won't load on any version of my Toribash. I use Windows XP
Here's the stderr message. ;_;

Lua script error in file DEnvironment.lua: data/script/DEnvironment.lua:218: Environment object does not exist

Read it properly:

Originally Posted by Dafe View Post
DEnvironment.tbm goes in your data/mod folder

:D
GAR :3
Thanks mate. Bug found, though. The ghost doesn't interact with the objects.
Dafe, if you plan on finishing this, it would be great. I foresee a lot of great vids being made with this script. However, the thing where the 4 closest objects appear red would have to be taken out for it to look good. I'm full of ideas for my new vid and I'm itching for you to finish this script.
Last edited by Warcry; Apr 14, 2009 at 05:51 PM.
infamous
The ghost should interact with the objects just fine if you're not moving really fast and the ghost isn't colliding with a far away object.

Could you describe the conditions?
I'm using monkeybars.tbm, on default settings. I jump almost directly up to the bars, but the ghost goes right through it. When I space, the tori collides with the bars.
infamous
That's weird. Is the bar you're hitting red during the frame where you see the ghost flying through them?