Toribash
Originally Posted by DaMehMan View Post
Is it just me or is the studio version of that whole Worst Band in the World thing not that bad?

It's probably just me. :v

the studio version in all seriousness isnt bad but my problem with it and alot of mathcore is that its hard to get into since its really just technical instrument playing for a couple minutes. it can barely be considered a logically progressing song. one thing that can be said is the players are no doubt technically gifted but all the technicallity in the world doesnt equal a good song
FUCKING MAGNETS EVERYWHERE IN THIS BITCH
I love some mathrock. I really dig the instrumental parts of Meshuggah but I'm really not into the vocals. Here's a badass song with the Meshuggah guitarist and Morgan Agren on drums. It's mathrock, and it still grooves and has a cool composition.

And here's an explanation of how to sequence measures of different meter. This is pretty common to math rock.

Math rock also can involve subdividing each successive quarter note into a different fraction, like 5,7,9, etc. This is really complex, hard to play, and hard to listen to, but some people do it. This guy has a video somewhere with a great explanation of how to think about rhythms like this, but i can't seem to find it, but anyway, here's one of his relatively crappy songs.

Last edited by Logic; Jun 22, 2009 at 09:05 PM.
I like the drums and rhythms, but a lot of times, they use really shitty metal guitar.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
I don't even find the technical riffs that bad, I think it's cool at times.

But that worst band in the world thing made me cringe. The studio version is ok because of the drums, it keeps a definite beat.
lol
I love Mathcore...

favorite bands are: Between The Buried And me, Protest the Hero, The Faceless, Fall Of troy and some Veil of Maya
Last edited by mordecai04; Jun 23, 2009 at 10:18 PM.
Bow down or be crushed!...Be crushed by the jolly boots of DOOM!
Originally Posted by DaBandito View Post
Mathrock and Mathcore both suck.

....well that was unnecesary
Bow down or be crushed!...Be crushed by the jolly boots of DOOM!
What happened to the original Mordecai? :o
<DeadorK> fair maiden
Originally Posted by mordecai04 View Post
I love Mathcore...

favorite bands are: Between The Buried And me, Protest the Hero, The Faceless, Fall Of troy and some Veil of Maya

Not really a fan of Veil of Maya, the music's great but I don't like their vocals.
However this song of theirs is completely awesome:
that was a cool song. I wish the main riff thing was a little more melodic though. The same note gets kinda boring, even with all those amazing rhythms.
<DeadorK> fair maiden