Ranking
Originally Posted by edjr2012 View Post
Agreed. Although he is a great drummer for his sound and technique, I can, without diffuclty, Name some drummers that, In my opinion, Are better. Such as, Neil Pert, Derek Roddie, and George Kollias.

But don't get me wrong, He is a great drummer.

Just watch the blast beats Geroge does and you"ll get what I'm saying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwsdq2Zaofk

Remember that Neil Peart has a doctrine in percussion, and plays a totally different style than Joey. It's not right to say that sort of thing, comparing drummers that play different styles. Joey actually plays a different style than all of those drummers listed.
Originally Posted by Degradation View Post
Remember that Neil Peart has a doctrine in percussion, and plays a totally different style than Joey. It's not right to say that sort of thing, comparing drummers that play different styles. Joey actually plays a different style than all of those drummers listed.

Meh. I'm not a big fan of that. It's like saying you cant compare a guy who plays in a hardbop rhythm section to someone in a band who plays a basic rock beat on every song.
. Joey actually plays a different style than all of those drummers listed.

Yes, I know that. I was just listing drummers that have different techniques and, in my opinion are better.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

Originally Posted by edjr2012 View Post
Yes, I know that. I was just listing drummers that have different techniques and, in my opinion are better.

I like the drummers you listed :>
Last edited by Degradation; Nov 22, 2009 at 11:14 PM.
His drumming is boring.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
He would be decent if he didn't whore himself on the double bass the entire song
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
His drumming is boring.

It's also generic for most metal bands nowadays, with heavy rolls and speed with no rhythm (which partly has to do with the fact that it's hard to play in rhythm for a band with shit vocals and completely discordant shrieking in the guitars). He is not even close to being ONE of the greatest drummers of all time, let alone THE greatest.

On a side note, why does it seem like every damn topic in this thread is about Slipknot now?
[Piratez]
I am neither Oyster nor lsl.
Originally Posted by hydrotoxin View Post
It's also generic for most metal bands nowadays, with heavy rolls and speed with no rhythm (which partly has to do with the fact that it's hard to play in rhythm for a band with shit vocals and completely discordant shrieking in the guitars). He is not even close to being ONE of the greatest drummers of all time, let alone THE greatest.

On a side note, why does it seem like every damn topic in this thread is about Slipknot now?

Like I said, people are making Slipknot and Joey overrated. They're nothing special at all.

They have two percussionists in the band ffs, they definately don't even need them.
I like the drummers you listed :>

As do I... As do I

Originally Posted by Megadoomer View Post
He would be decent if he didn't whore himself on the double bass the entire song

Lol, I love the way you put that Megadoomer. I lol'ed a bit.

But I think his drumming is more worth while with him using the double bass.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

edjr2012 I agree.

I think Joey would do better without Slipknot. And the faster we answer these threads on Slipknot they'll become non-existent sooner. There are too many good drummers who use double bass and too many who don't and are only average like Lars Ulrich. If Joey didn't use double bass he would most definitely suck.