Toribash
It's time for Psybient.
There's a lot of different kinds of Psybient, I mostly prefer the soundscapey kind of stuff as do many of my friends who are into Psy, so I'll go with those.

1. Shpongle - Tales of the Inexpressible. Not really my favourite Shpongle ablum, but incredibly accessible for anyone. It also helps that I love the first track (but not so much the rest of the album). Shpongle is interesting, as they're almost "goabient" (a genre that doesn't exist) because of their indian influence.
2. Androcell - Efflorescence. Another really accessible album, which I happen to like a bit more than the one above (but I don't think it comes close to track 1 of the above album). Much more of an "earthy" sound.
3. Shpongle - Are you Shpongled? Love track 6. Shpongle are awesome. I highly suggest their entire discography.
4. Zero Cult - Dreams in Stereo. Shows an alternate direction psybient can go (Personally don't like this as much as the soundscapier stuff).
5. Yggdrasil - Prose Edda. Favourite psybient this year. Real interesting stuff, more bass oriented than shpongley stuff.

+1: The entire shpongle discography.

Bet you never thought ambient music could be so interesting

Next genre on the chopping block: world music/ethnic fusion or ambient (as in ambient ambient). Trying to take the obscurer genres so people can step up and do the mainstream :P
Last edited by m0o; Jan 25, 2010 at 02:46 AM.
Anyone getting into West Coast Hip Hop needs these albums. Italicized is the best song on the album.

1. N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton (Straight Outta Compton)
2. Dr. Dre - The Chronic (Let Me Ride)
3. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle (Gin And Juice)
4. Eazy-E - Eazy-Duz-It Eazy-er Said Than Dunn)
5. Dr. Dre - 2001 (The Next Episode)
Tre!
omg i like to make useless, insulting posts. I'll try my luck on the same subject.

1.Black Flag - In My Head
Black Flag - In my head

2.Minutemen - Double Nickels on the Dime
Minutemen - Viet Nam

3.Dead Milkmen - Beelzebubba
Dead Milkmen - Punk Rock Girl

4.Integrity - Humanity is the Devil
Integrity - Hollow

5. Agnostic Front - Liberty and Justice for...
Agnostic Front - Crucified
Last edited by m0o; Jan 26, 2010 at 03:46 AM.
Originally Posted by hoho123 View Post

I Want To ManBreakfast Massage Me When He Massage I Will Pay

Indie Rock (aka hipster music)

1- Hold Time by M. Ward; very poppy and accessible, not the most musically appealing to me but a good starting point for the genre. To give you an idea of just how accessible the album is; it features Zooey Deschanel on 3 or 4 songs, one of which being a Buddy Holly cover. Not the deepest stuff, and mostly chord rather than riff-driven, as opposed to number 3.

2- Fleet Foxes by Fleet Foxes; a bit poppy, but nowhere near so much as Hold Time; musically appealing to both genre newbies and oldfags. Lots of repetitive vocals, atmospheric and very much a storytelling-folk album at its' most basic level.

3- It Still Moves by My Morning Jacket- mixes indie and folk rock aspects to create an album that is very entertaining- mainly guitar and vocal driven, although a few songs have some cool basslines. Also, they do an awesome cover of Free Bird in the movie Elizabethtown.

4- Transfiguration of Vincent by M. Ward; More somber and acoustic than Hold Time; slightly reminiscent of oldie jazz/blues vocals. We are gradually moving into slower and more atmospheric folk/indie.

5- Veckatimest by Grizzly Bear; an incredible blend of modern production techniques and effects with an undeniable vocal and instrumental talent; often so engrossing at times that it becomes hypnotic. Definitely not the most accesible album, but if you enjoyed the above four, this is the next step.

+1; Bitte Orca by The Dirty Projectors; even less accesible than Veckatimest, it is nonetheless a great album full of musical twists and turns and dischordant melodies.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w3Jv7mRxyuA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w3Jv7mRxyuA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Last edited by Xtreme; Jan 27, 2010 at 12:01 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Proud Member Of [Evil]
Love Lempika For Making My Avatar and Signature
[21:27] <+siku> huge penis in War's mouth
[21:27] <+siku> are you still confused?
[21:27] <+siku> penis gently sliding deeper in war's mouth
[21:27] <+siku> are you still confused
[21:27] <Xtreme> not anymore :D
Yo, hipster. The rules are track 1 from the first album :coolface:
Yeah, I just chose to ignore that and pick my two favorites.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Proud Member Of [Evil]
Love Lempika For Making My Avatar and Signature
[21:27] <+siku> huge penis in War's mouth
[21:27] <+siku> are you still confused?
[21:27] <+siku> penis gently sliding deeper in war's mouth
[21:27] <+siku> are you still confused
[21:27] <Xtreme> not anymore :D
Originally Posted by m0o View Post
Yo, hipster. The rules are track 1 from the first album :coolface:

Whatabout when track 1 is an intro, like on Absolution or Agaetis Byrjun?
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well