Ranking
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is equally often a simple driver issue.

This error is indeed caused by hardware but also by hardware controllers.
Did you install any drivers just before the problem started?
Did you install anything else for that matter?

Considering the fact your computer is fairly old (average life expectancy of a desktop computer is 3-5 years) it's quite possible you got more severe problems, like the ones stated earlier with your GPU.

Million dollar question: What is the exact errorcode? Eg: 0x000000XX, having this narrows down the searchfield.
Originally Posted by CRASH3R View Post
Hmm, when I go into event viewer there's a million things and I don't know what one is my problem O_o

and in a corner of my screen (I've had this for a while) I see a color change, like if my screen shows red it'll turn into a red orange.

Also I think it might be the GPU, though when I start up my computer the longest it now can go is 20-30 minutes. Oh and also I've had my computer for 7 years and never opened it up.

No, magnet effects stop/dissipate once you take them away, basically (also when you turn the screen on and off for CRTs and probably LCD too). Dont go waving them infront of the screen, though.

It's probably your graphics card driver crashing because it is overheating, especially if you are getting redshifting on screen (random red or green dots on your desktop).

Open your PC, dust it. See what happens.

Also post error code, use google, etc.
Last edited by m0o; Apr 5, 2010 at 12:40 AM.
If he's getting redshifting on screen and memory dumps with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. It's more than likely his graphics card overheating.

CLEAN YOUR FUCKING PC
Also, where is your pc in relation to your other stuff? Is it covered or in the open? Also, do the fans work?
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
well ur fine until ur pc just dies

THATS the blue screen of death

ur just getting error codes

the blue screen of death is when your computer dies completly and just has the bluescreen of death when it starts up(before u get to desktop)

i suggest getting a 120gig hardrive(external ofcourse) and copy all ur files onto there

so if it does die u need to reformat(re install) your computer

u neeed a windows 7/vist/xp /mac ect ect cd for this.
hanz0:Very well done. These annoy me much less than the default smilies we've got right now.
Try De-Fraging It or Try buying a new computer screen.
Refrain from putting things that attract with forces such as magnets(Bad For Screens Because They Pick Out Pixles Leaving The Back Of The Screen Blue, Green, Red Or Black.)
Also, It may be a virus. If it crashed and the screen went blue its a Worm. (Only Fixable When Buying A New Screen)
Hope I Helped!
Stop 0x0000000A error is what I get, best I dust my PC before anything seeing as how dust collects heat, now to answer you guys.
@Optical, I installed no driver updates nor drivers themselves, and there's the code ^
@War Hero, my computer is on a desk that makes the computer tower slightly covered since there's a wall right next to it that's pretty close to it, and I hear the fans running.
@m0o, I'll try dusting it through the vents and if I really have to I will open it up.
@dragoblade, I don't think I'll need to reprogram it, but I might need a new memory card since my friend is a very good hacker/scripter, he found a lot of messed up scripting, so I might need new memory or even a reprogram, though a new memory card should do the trick.
CRASH3R - Perfectly imperfect. [UFC] It's a long road to glory.
Originally Posted by CRASH3R View Post
@m0o, I'll try dusting it through the vents and if I really have to I will open it up.

FFS