Toribash
Originally Posted by Costaly View Post
Oyster, you're no expert at all. I'm looking at your work and at seems like only copypast. If you can do better - I'll wait for your work. And only if you do better - then so badly criticize me.

Actually, that is where you are wrong. You seem to lack knowledge of signatures. Basically, if you have flow, depth and lighting you have made a succesful signature. A lot of proper sig making is copy and paste, eg. C4Ds, Fractals, stocks. However, this is used in moderation and used to create certain effects. This was recently classed as an intermediate piece on another forum that I visit:

Intermediate is a hard rank to achieve, no one on this forum would even come close to intermediate. In this sig, there is a duplicate of a stock and a fractal. C+p is needed to create the best tags.

I should have thought that you specialize in making web banners and stuff where a clever use of pen tool and gradients are needed. You seem to be failing to realise that sig making is completely different to your line of work. I like to think that I am a fairly decent sig maker but I have always struggled with banners and the like. I think you should learn to take criticism from those who are willing to give it out rather than critcising them. I'd have thought that an "experienced artist" such as yourself would have realised that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Costaly View Post
Oyster, you're no expert at all. I'm looking at your work and at seems like only copypast. If you can do better - I'll wait for your work. And only if you do better - then so badly criticize me.

So you're telling me you drew that (poorly placed, badly executed) focal in this?

http://s52.radikal.ru/i135/1004/0a/1ee6fefe112d.png

If it uses a render, it's got copy/paste in it. Also, I concur with everyone else in doubting that you've been doing graphic design for two years. I've seen better stuff from people who have been working with it for a month.
back from the dead
New signature:
Last edited by Costaly; Apr 25, 2010 at 08:52 AM.
Look in my eyes, what do you see? The Cult Of Personality!
You didn't make that. I've seen it before. On deviantART...

<~oyster> i want you to fart near my mouth
Good Lord Costaly learn how to take some criticism your never going to get any better if you just sit there and think people are wrong for entering their own input about your art.
Your best bet would be to take what people have said about your current work and practice on those aspects to better yourself.
Remember that these people aren't commenting on your work to help themselves or put you down but they are really doing so to help you out.
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind" - John Maynard Keynes
Originally Posted by Varkenoss View Post
You didn't make that. I've seen it before. On deviantART...

i also remember that i saw it once in devianart.

and i lol'd about the fact you're web designer.
I made it recently! It can't be the same! There're a lot of sigs about devianART, but this is mine! They are maybe alike, but not the same as I did it yesterday. It can't be than there is the SAME signature!

1 more new signature

please dont double post.
~BenD
Last edited by BenDover; Apr 25, 2010 at 11:36 PM.
The content is there i reckon although the colours/contrast could be done alot better by making the main content stand out more.
ArtistShop
Recently I made userbar for hhu80... So how do you like it
I don't really like idea that character copied from somewhere is placed in middle of punch of brushes and little yellow text placed on yellow background. May I be rude even after this and ask what part of this is art for you?

and what you mean by you're web-designer? At least school where I'm in, first thing what teachers told us was "you are not creating art in here, keep it in mind!"

(comments to first sign)
[Sigma]
And the second largest penis in animal kindom