Ranking
Originally Posted by vladvlad View Post
The i7's are a waste of money IMO...You could get a Phenom II X4 or X6 for a way smaller price, and still get a hell of a CPU.

if you're intelligent enough you can get a really nice machine for the lowest price ever...

Lets say for example:

Motherboard: Asus M4A77TD PRO - 79,20 €
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 AM3 - 99,00 €
RAM: Teamgroup Elite DDR3 1333Mhz 2GB - 54,00 €
Graphics Card: Powercolor ATI HD5750 PCS 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E - 114,00 €
PSU: Corsair VX-450W - 66,00 €
Total: 412,20 €

Thats a hell of a nice computer for such a low price, now pick the case of your choice, HDD and DVD drive. Then go ahead and try your luck by unlocking the deactivated cores on the CPU... If you're lucky, you turn your dual-core into a quad-core CPU. :P
This is only for smart (and maybe broke) people though. Lmao
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Jun 15, 2010 at 01:06 AM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Buy an iMac.
Pope of BnW[Torigod]Lord of WibblesYouTubeToriblog AdminInterface Artist
(,,゚Д゚) -"Become a fan. DO IT."

Hyperboloids of wondrous Light
Rolling for aye through Space and Time
Harbour those Waves which somehow Might
Play out God's holy pantomime

Also, Gubbin is neat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by GenkiSudo View Post
if you're intelligent enough you can get a really nice machine for the lowest price ever...

Lets say for example:

Motherboard: Asus M4A77TD PRO - 79,20 €
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 AM3 - 99,00 €
RAM: Teamgroup Elite DDR3 1333Mhz 2GB - 54,00 €
Graphics Card: Powercolor ATI HD5750 PCS 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E - 114,00 €
PSU: Corsair VX-450W - 66,00 €
Total: 412,20 €

Thats a hell of a nice computer for such a low price, now pick the case of your choice, HDD and DVD drive. Then go ahead and try your luck by unlocking the deactivated cores on the CPU... If you're lucky, you turn your dual-core into a quad-core CPU. :P
This is only for smart (and maybe broke) people though. Lmao

Do you need a specific motherboard for unlocking or does it work on more of them? I would like to try it on my Athlon II X2...
Proud member of [Pandora]
I can't really do this on my iPod well, I might edit this post tomorow.
I7 980x 6 core
ati 5970 (crossfire is overkill with one of these beasts)
256 gb ssd (not that familiar with ssd pricing)
or
7200 rpm 2tb raid 0
(pick a case)
12x blu Ray optical drive
850 watt psu
ddr3 2000 2x3
(find a mobo with all these features)
are you going to be building this yourself or purchasing it from something like ibuypower?I've grown to dislike I buy power, buy it from here: www.digitalstormonline.com
they don't just build it, they bring it in, overclock it free, test it for a full 72 hours, still perfectley free, and they will even diabe all the annoying features of microsoftif you want. It's so customiseable you can even go down to what color tubing you have. I customized myself all I would ever want for 2111$ I'd be amazed on what could come out of 5000. Beat of luck, -Graboy
Originally Posted by vladvlad View Post
Do you need a specific motherboard for unlocking or does it work on more of them? I would like to try it on my Athlon II X2...

Check this:

http://www.overclock.net/amd-cpus/53...ing-guide.html
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Originally Posted by Tekro View Post
Dell Alienwares Kick A$$ in gaming

And also in you credit card bill.

It's like paying the apple tax, but for gaudy instead of svelte.

Also, they don't offer a "real" liquid cooling system, which makes me pretty sad, cuz one you stuff that many graphics cards in, you'll need it, or they will suffocate each other.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
this would be a waste of money...Ur gonna give 6000 dollars so u can play the games that are avaible on xbox 360 and ps3. both consoles cost around 600$.its 10 times cheaper
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
Buy an iMac.

hell yeah, this. Or that guy who said Alienware, I was so going to post that.

Dont build it custom, its only cheaper because its not as good. You NEED those sweet cases and/or lighting that actually look pretty stupid after you look at them for a minute. I'm sure that sprooj guy doesnt know what he is talking about, vicariously trust everyone else with your 5k.
Last edited by deady; Jun 16, 2010 at 08:47 AM.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
And also in you credit card bill.

It's like paying the apple tax, but for gaudy instead of svelte.

Also, they don't offer a "real" liquid cooling system, which makes me pretty sad, cuz one you stuff that many graphics cards in, you'll need it, or they will suffocate each other.

True, But Still :/

boricua