Toribash
surf's deviant has a tutorial on a background layer that blends the focal point a bit into the background.
your latest one's render stands a bit too solid in the sig, surfs tutorial should make it loads better
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
First sig with Naruto is way too simple. Don't rush art, you'd need to work at least 1 hour on each. What you did with Naruto is just lighten up and use different layer settings, and some editing... Try to add depth to the signatures, here's an example I did about 4 years ago;

That's a nice sig. I'd love to be able to make one like that. I'm currently learning on backgrounds and flow.

Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
surf's deviant has a tutorial on a background layer that blends the focal point a bit into the background.
your latest one's render stands a bit too solid in the sig, surfs tutorial should make it loads better

I thought so too. I wanted to put more contrast. I'll definitely go check surf's tutorial. Thanks for letting me know there's such a thing

Originally Posted by Dex View Post
I actually like it

Thanks. I'm still improving.

Any chance anyone knows surf's deviant link? i can't find it in the deviant index thread.
Last edited by raiden224; Jul 12, 2010 at 03:11 PM.
|Cube | Sphere | Cylinder | Torus|
Youtube channel for the shits and giggles
Like the bottom one.
looks really nice and good effects
9/10

i tried blending by bluring and low opacity eraser to try to slowly blend it to the background. how is it? i know the background's horrible. just working on the transition.

I'm still looking for surf's deviant. If anyone has it. I would appreciate if i can have it. Thanks.
Your stuff is too basic,
Backgrounds really basic.
Needs more effects,
Effects are what are used to help blend.
And again i've tried again. trying to get more comments if i've imroved or deproved. and i'm currently working on specific areas. and this time's focus is on brush variation, flow and background.

i forgot to border the 2nd sig

Originally Posted by Cercopes View Post
Your stuff is too basic,
Backgrounds really basic.
Needs more effects,
Effects are what are used to help blend.

i'm still learning. i'd love any tips to create great effects.
Originally Posted by hipotibor View Post
nice sigs dude 9/10

thanks
I see a lot of inconsistency in your work, but also a lot of potential (a lot of your stuff reminds me of mine/Surf/Cercopes early work).

PM'ing you a site with some useful tutorials and stocks/references. I think you'll pick it up pretty quickly.

Anywho, on to actual C&C- you need to work on lighting and depth. The lighting in most of those is nonexistent-- I suggest you just take a large, soft white brush on where the light source should be and set the layer on Soft Light and reduce the opacity as you see fit. As for depth, it looks like the background is directly under the render, which results in your signatures looking decidedly 2-dimensional. Try duplicating your render and smudging it in the background, then put a copy of the original render over that and erase or blur the edges of it. This will make the render look like part of the background rather than separate from it.
back from the dead
well. i read tutorials, which i thank oyster for. here's a result. there's a few steps left. so it's probably a wip. the depth's off. and i'm not used to lighting yet. so i'm still trying to improve.