Ranking
Originally Posted by may0naise
I do prioritize the computer because it will be essential for my career path.

as you said you can't prioritize the motorcycle cause the chances that the motorcycle broke, or you fall in the ground with her its like 99,9%, plus I think you not 16 to have the driving lesson, and the driver card right ? So prioriteze the computer they can make you more happy, let you more healthy, so buy a nice computer and forget the motorcycle.

Btw sorry for the mistakes on english, I'm brazilian.
Originally Posted by may0naise View Post
Thank you. I was iffy about posting in rt because its not tb related. But it's not discussion material so I didn't think I should post there. Thank you though.

Note: The motorcycle I am buying is a Kawasaki Ninja 250r.
As of right now, the cheapest used ones I can find are ~2 grand each. And from what I can tell they are definitely used, but still rideable. The ones that are in great condition are around 3,000. While the new 2011 model is 3,999.

I do prioritize the computer because it will be essential for my career path. If I can get one now, It can pay off later. I would have a decent computer.
As of right now I am leaning towards the computer.

Ok, so you want to get a motorcycle and get a computer. Well First off, a Kawasaki Ninja 250r is a very good bike, my sister bought it. Did you ever think of paying the bike off over months? My sister is paying around 50 bucks a month for her bike, pretty easy money to come up with to pay off a motorcycle.

Now with the computer, one simple question, What is your career path? Multimedia design?
Well, what would be the most practical choice? Is it worth spending 3K on a bike?
Although, it'd be very nice.

However, do not spend too much on a computer, current growth in technology is very fast; you'd end up wasting some money.
Don't read this.
Originally Posted by LuKazZs View Post
as you said you can't prioritize the motorcycle cause the chances that the motorcycle broke, or you fall in the ground with her its like 99,9%, plus I think you not 16 to have the driving lesson, and the driver card right ? So prioriteze the computer they can make you more happy, let you more healthy, so buy a nice computer and forget the motorcycle.

Btw sorry for the mistakes on english, I'm brazilian.

Im 18, I have my drivers license, and my motorcycle license.

Originally Posted by jetsnix View Post
Ok, so you want to get a motorcycle and get a computer. Well First off, a Kawasaki Ninja 250r is a very good bike, my sister bought it. Did you ever think of paying the bike off over months? My sister is paying around 50 bucks a month for her bike, pretty easy money to come up with to pay off a motorcycle.

Now with the computer, one simple question, What is your career path? Multimedia design?

Not 100% sure with career path. But 99.999% sure it will involve computers. Whether its what you said, graphic design, programming, web development, etc. Not sure on that. And I know they are, My bro had one. They're sick.

Originally Posted by hellopppp View Post
Well, what would be the most practical choice? Is it worth spending 3K on a bike?
Although, it'd be very nice.

However, do not spend too much on a computer, current growth in technology is very fast; you'd end up wasting some money.

The comp was ~$1050. Got a great deal. Imo.
Results:

Hp tm2t:

It's a tablet pc. It flips all the way around, so the monitor is laying on the keyboard and facing up, like a tablet.

Specs:
1.Operating system: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
2.Processor and Graphics: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-380UM (1.33GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) + Intel(R) HD Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
3.Memory: 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
4.Hard drive: 500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
5.Primary battery: Two 6 Cell Lithium Ion Batteries About 12 hours of life.
6.Display: 12.1" diagonal High Definition HP BrightView LED Touchscreen (1280 x 800)
7.Personalization: HP TrueVision Webcam and FingerPrint Reader
8.Networking: Intel Wireless-N Card

So, in your opinion, good/bad deal? I thought it was pretty good.

Want to try something completely new to the Toribash Forums? Try the 10 Push-up Challenge!

Not a good graphics card, Im not entire sure with processors but the i series is pretty good 1.66 GHz seems kind of slow though.. Im not sure, Tablet pcs are pretty cool though. I can try to help you out with computers if you want me to. PM me.
I still think you should get a new computer because when your not looking someone can steal your bike or you could get injured, wreck your bike and have to get a new paint job, and there are much more pros than cons for buying a computer.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Originally Posted by MrJingles1 View Post
I still think you should get a new computer because when your not looking someone can steal your bike or you could get injured, wreck your bike and have to get a new paint job, and there are much more pros than cons for buying a computer.

Learn to read at least 5 posts before you post. Then you post, you don't read the first post and then respond.

Jet, gonna pm you now.

Want to try something completely new to the Toribash Forums? Try the 10 Push-up Challenge!

I do prioritize the computer because it will be essential for my career path. If I can get one now, It can pay off later. I would have a decent computer.
As of right now I am leaning towards the computer.

A $2000 computer will NEVER pay off.

What is your career path?
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
A $2000 computer will NEVER pay off.

What is your career path?

Not 100% sure with career path. But 99.999% sure it will involve computers. Whether its what you said, graphic design, programming, web development, etc. Not sure on that.

None of them need especially powerful computers.

You will find that a $300-500 computer (laptop or desktop) will suffice.

Your university will have computers there that you can use, if you want to use a fancy one. You will never need a computer that is especially powerful.

What kind of computer does a programmer require? Doesn't need anything special, you can program on a shitty 5 year old laptop, and even use cloud computing to compile it off site (yes I do this)

What kind of computer does a graphic designer need? Obviously it needs to be fast enough to run CS5 (or whatever you use), so check out the min requirements. It won't be spectacular.

What kind of computer does a web developer need? Same as a programmer.

etc

So who needs a $2000 computer? A hobbiest who just wants more power, for fun. Someone who does some prettyfuckingheavy duty stuff, but even then its generally more beneficial to use a server. There is no real reason why someone would need a computer over $1000. (despite what the manufacturers say)
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."