Ranking
Liftkicks don't work against good aikido players.
All you have to do to counter it is grab the opponents leg because their other arm is in the other direction, then once they try to grab you with it let go of their leg and they'll DQ...
Shovel isn't easily countered but it can be broken by an experienced player. All you have to do is land a good hit on their shoulder and it will fracture, leaving your opponent defenseless.
I say the best move is to get low and lift.
-----
Originally Posted by devil1337 View Post
True, it does present some disadvantages, but if you manage to get past any unfortunate events in the beginning, you can use it for better balance, to manipulate your opponent when the time is right and he won't expect it, and to cause fracture or decap. So the pros outweigh the cons imo.

Shoveling can be easily countered, but most people don't know how. So when facing beginners and you want to end it quickly then I wouldn't mind using it.

Lift kick however is the best way to win, or at leat I find it the most fun move and it's the most challanging one to counter, even if most people do it wrong.

Edit: Prove me wrong whenever you're available. Would be curious to see the move you use for a counter.

:P
Last edited by Brains10; Feb 12, 2011 at 07:19 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Relaxed noobclap with right rotating chest does the job for me.
<Fish> How is being a dumbass a form of venting? Is this some sort of flatulence related joke?
shovel and liftkick are incredibly noobish and easy to counter.

Improvise and don't do symmetric crap.
[duck] 01101000 01101001 01110000 01101111 01110100 01101001 01100010 01101111 01110010
If we're wanting to go into detail on the joints..

Frame1:
Extend neck, right rotate chest, right lumbar thing, contract left pec, extend right pec, contract left elbow, sticky hand, hold left glute, hold left hip, contract left leg, extend left foot, contract right leg, contract right foot.

Frame2:
left rotate chest, raise left shoulder, contract right pec, contract right elbow, extend right wrist, sticky hands, extend both legs, hold both hips, extend both feet, extend abs.

After this most of the time you just let them go and they go flying out. Unless they're also stickied, which means they ain't a noob.
Back for good.
I just improvise but, I mainly make my guy get on the floor on all fours before they noob clap me, grab there leg and pull xD it really works if you can get down quick enough xD
I agree with you soul. What i mainly do is try and get a hold with one of there legs and get them down on that side.
they usually cant defend because there leg is on that side and there hands are concentrated on something else.

I greatly dislike shovels and lift kicks, they don't take any type of skill.
Lift kick.
Along with the skill to control the failure mode outcomes that usually happen. This usually is done by leaving a free limb to tripod, your opponent/grabbed-hand being one of the pod and the standing leg being another. That means either your kicking leg (usually contracted into a step or swung around as a supplex) or your non-lifting hand (which should have been used defensively in the first place).
i kicklift

with my back arm i extend pecs raise arm contract elbow

this can counter most grabs and turn into a decent punch in the second frame
back from the dead
SELLING MY DEACTIVATED