Toribash
Originally Posted by Tonakai View Post
It's simple.
I have seen lots of people's dislike towards shoveling.
There's also people who are not against shoveling.
I want to know why people think this way.
And this is why I'll ask the following questions...

1) What is shoveling?

Hold all, lower shoulders, contract pecs then raise shoulders and grabby hands.
It's just a move, there's no real way to describe it differently.

2) Why are you against shoveling?

I'm not against shoveling, I'm against shoveling continuously, because it just becomes annoying when you keep getting pushed out.

3) Why are you not against shoveling?

If Toribash allows it, it's legit. That's how my head works.
If something was really overpowered, I'm sure they would find a way to stop it, it's not like farming. Also, very effective move.

Answers in bold.
oh yeah
1. When opponent grabs some part of your body (works better with lower) and lifts you up in the air.
2. It counters many of players opening moves, thats why i think people are so butt hurt about it.
3. It's not hard to counter just keep your feet towards the ground and your hands ready to land.

EDIT: seems like were not talking about aikidobd.
Last edited by cocacobra; May 16, 2012 at 07:03 AM.
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
Hopefully enough people comment on this thread so we can finally come to a general agreement on what shoveling really is, since everyone has a different definition for it. (Or maybe I'm the only one who is wrong)

1) What is shoveling?
To me, its the combined act of lifting your opponent and pushing them. With that being said, shoveling can happen at any time during a match.

It's a valid tactic so why should I be against it? Imo, its a lot better than a kick or a decap attempt that tries to end the match in the first few turns.

The shovel is easy to do (at least as an opener it is) and I must admit, is a little difficult to counter only because it requires experience and a little bit of patience. Also, if you're not expecting it, and someone shovels you in the middle of the match, you could be screwed, so it does take a little bit of anticipation as well.

If you're playing for "fun" and you encounter someone who shovels, you really shouldn't get mad. You're the one who isn't playing to win, and you just met someone who is. Tough luck. If anything, you should be mad at yourself for not playing your hardest/smartest. But people have to place the blame on something other than themselves because they're obviously perfect. Therefore, "shovels are noob."
"Fear not the Tori who has practiced 10,000 openers once, but fear the Tori who has practiced one opener 10,000 times."
i agree 100% with clockwork monkey because people do whine about it.
this game was invented for people to have fun and if someone wants to use a particular move then they can! you don't want this troller saying YOU SHOVELED!!!! YOU NOOB!!!
my first reaction would be......dued its just a game second
personally i hate people doing it to me but i respect the player. Instead of some troller going out to hurt feelings.
Last edited by KmMad; May 16, 2012 at 04:31 PM.
i meditate for the peace not for the resin that I'm bored to death.......;)
oh and also shoveling is a specific lift where you lower both arms at the start and lift your opponent out. everything else(along with shovel) falls in the "lift" category

shoveling owns
QUACK
Main goal of aikido is knock the opponet out of the dojo..

Shoveling does the main goal, therefor shouldn't be hated on.
I learned my ways of blocking a shoveler, so I'm not against them, as I usually shovel myself LOL

Like they say "learn your enemy, study your enemy, be your enemy" My enemy is shoveling so I conquered it by being it and learning the moves.
-----
My terms of shoveling is picking up someone and throwing them out of the dojo
Last edited by OptiuMaX; May 16, 2012 at 05:00 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
1. shoveling is that one move. starting a lift halfway through the game, does not count as shoveling.
2. its a little annoying
3. the same reason im not against noobtoobs in fps games, if the developer didnt want them in the game, they wouldnt have added it. its there, deal with it.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
1) What is shoveling?
A noob move

Because if a badplayer shovels I win and if a good player shovels its still a skill based matchup. It's Aikido.
Last edited by Hippybob; May 16, 2012 at 06:00 PM.
I R IRONMAN