Toribash
Originally Posted by deprav View Post
- a L4D2 player still attacking/rushing alone after 5 years

> implying L4D2 can't be entirely defeated by a single player rushing alone
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
I don't know why I'm even replying to someone with a join date in 2013 who has only 161 posts. Ugh.

Well this is kinda off topic, but I've been here for more than half a year. This is just an alt which I turned into my main =3 I just stopped playing after a while
Also, I actually post a lot compared to the other 60% Blue or Brown belts that have like less than 50 posts
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
Originally Posted by deprav View Post
Well, if you want my own point of view (and even if you don't) : 'noob' and 'newb' is the same word with a few years of internet slang inbetween.
If I don't want to be offensive to someone I call him "beginner" not "newb" xD

Imo "noobs" are people who've been playing for a long time but never bothered thinking further that the simple game mechanics his game offers, and generally playing like a turd and deserving to be flamed. a few exemple :
- a Counter-Strike player still camping in the same corner after 5 years.
- a L4D2 player still attacking/rushing alone after 5 years
- a TB wushu player still using openers and running past 3rd dan.
etc...

Never thought of it that way. Seems about right though.
"People should not be afraid of their governments.
Governments should be afraid of their people."
...So, let's use elementary school as a comparison of Newb and N00b. A Newb is your average new-to-school guy: can speak his native language with some levels of skill and knows some very basiliar things about life, and could become anything from your common n00b to the teacher's pet. The n00b is the guy who cheats on tests in first grade elementary school.

Now, n00b is naturally offensive just for his meaning: a guy who has spent lots of time on X, but is barely better than Newbs at X. It implies that the guy is bad at learning at best and literally retarded at the worst. However, there is another meaning to this word: a guy who uses vile, dishonorable and excruciatingly simple tricks to win at every game. Simply put, shovelers are Aikido n00bs.

In short:
-Newb: New, inexperienced player.
-N00b: Extremely experienced but blatantly incompetent/dishonorable player.
It's an insult on the internet made to insult other people on the internet. Arguing the semantics of it seems trivial and circular to me.
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.