Toribash
Originally Posted by IIInsanEEE View Post
Not working with voices here, huh. You're being mean and I'll make sure to send you a photo once I get something to eat without having to compose a piece o_O

Yeah a photo, we should have a show yourself thread.

Also Uh, mind if I ask what a counterthing is, never heard of that before.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Compositional technique/advanced music theory. You'll get more info if you google on it but it's basically that you make each instrument's part so it could be played on its own. (In other words make everything a melody). There's also a lot of harmony rules and stuff. Bach is a great example.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
hey lazorz, how's it going
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Trying to compose something. I always make everything too cluttered though
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Understandable. Well, if you need help, ask Ele because he can compose very well.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Well, i'm playing around with dissonance. Trying to make a really dark composition.
Sorry Lazors, wasn't sure where you lived, figured I'd ask.

I didn't get too far into counterpoint, it was more harmonization and bach style chorale writing, which was hell to begin with, got a lot easier eventually.

Any links to anything you've composed Lazor?
League of Legends NA: Locus
I haven't done anything worth mentioning. I might post here if i get something done.
Thanks for showing interest though

By the way, if i seem like i'm in anyway good at music, i'm actually not that great at anything, really. Music just happens to be basically everything i care about.
Last edited by Lazors; Apr 24, 2015 at 10:42 PM.
Ah, we had to compose 1 very short melody for school. That was hell already for me, I really seem to have 0 talent in making music (I neither have the ability to write lyrics).

Or I just didn't take enough time for it.
How long does it normally take you to make a like 5 minutes of music?
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I haven't even composed 5 minutes of music, tbh. You're expecting too much of someone who's only had a year of composition.
I guess i have something i worked with for like 5 hours that turned out allright and was probably around 5 minutes. It depends first and foremost on how many instruments you're composing for.
Last edited by Lazors; Apr 25, 2015 at 12:12 AM.