Toribash
I was talking about the first part of his post. My point still stands. He refunded them.
Instead of doing what's popular just let him do his job
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
We prefer to help users resolve the issues rather than straight up throw bans around.
Kyure had the capacity to fix the problem so he fixed it.
(I'm assuming here he fixed it well enough, I don't have the details of the situation and if there was anything actually lost I'm sure there would be a relevant complaint thread about it)

You don't hear about users making the mistake then fixing it because no one would report a fixed mistake.

Pimp's case sounds like an entierly different kind of thing that's much harder to do by accident. Plus there may have been other infractions and stuff that affected the decision. It doesn't sound like a particularly good comparison.

Last edited by Erth; Mar 8, 2016 at 04:08 PM.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
Still confused on how he resolved the issue.
How would he "refund the tc"? Canceling bets auto refunds? What is there to refund? What?

Didn't see demons edit
Last edited by Divine; Mar 8, 2016 at 04:30 PM.

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Originally Posted by Demon View Post
stop
replying
without
reading
the
shit
i
just
said

sure thing

panda did you even read what pimp said lol
let me summarize it

"staff have more time to fix their mistakes since the ban process is more tedious

fucked up and sold two dudes the same head texture, solax didn't unban pimp because he wanted to fix it, because after all he did fuck up

staff is a voluntary position so being able to fuck up and being able to fix it as opposed to regular users is unequal"

this "acting like you know what you're talking about" thing doesn't look good on you.

also divine, kyure is improving, but there's not any training for smods that i know of so it's kind of ridiculous to get thrown in to real situations, not knowing what to do

also msquad gets more training than smods so that's kind of really fucking dumb but okay
and he "refunded" by sending the people that countered his bets 15k which isn't really anything compared to the 50k he would have lost in the one bet he canceled lol

the only reason i'm kind of concerned is when he canceled the bets, and he said "it's my server, so there was no op abuse."

the only reason you're bringing up him being an smod is the fact he wasnt banned. there have been many more ways a staff member has fucked up and not been banned. Kyure is getting a lot of heat and attention but im sure if you focused on other staff members youll notice they make similar problems.
He's one of the most active smods ingame and on the forums so hes going to make few more minor mistakes than the rest.

also i'm not against kyure here, i'm wondering why these incidents were forgiven, because apparently the same would have been done for a non-staff member and i couldn't see that happening (not calling faint a bullshitter but still)

to say you're not against kyure you seem to contribute a lot to threads that you're not supposed to
but then again im sure you're not against kyure.
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
i'm not against kyure in the context of this thread
i personally don't like him because he doesn't like me because i'm an ass, that's actually why i said the word "here" !!!!!!!!!

the point of referring to him as an smod in this thread is because the actual reason i started the thread, because if someone got reported twice for doing the same thing i'm sure there would be some punishment

i literally just started the thread to ask, not argue with you so stop trying to start shit please
Last edited by Demon; Mar 8, 2016 at 04:41 PM.
pacquiao
its just a friendly debate, brother.

started the thread to ask, not argue

anyway you got your answer so you gonna close the thread or what?
Every user is special, every case is unique. We volunteers do our best to constantly adapt and improve to make Toribash a better place. The people who don't work towards that fade very quickly.

Kyure made a mistake, he came forward straight away, did his best to make things right, appropriate action was taken by his superiors in the way the see most fit (how or if they choose to reprimand staff is their business, not ours). And now we're all set. Thread is asked and answered, have a good day
Last edited by Bodhisattva; Mar 8, 2016 at 05:44 PM.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
In all honesty, regardless of the position being volunteer, they could at least try a little harder to make less mistakes. It isn't particulary fair that a staff member can get away with mistakes after mistakes after mistakes. I'm not saying kyure is a bad staff member or anything, but it's kind of bs that staff get special treatment.

I also don't think it's good for the community enviorment to have staff who get these problems all the time and become outcasts within the user base.

I hate egocentric stuff too if you get what I am saying.

Toxity is not great. I can see both sides to this argument though, so np with me.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Originally Posted by Erth View Post
We prefer to help users resolve the issues rather than straight up throw bans around.
Kyure had the capacity to fix the problem so he fixed it.
(I'm assuming here he fixed it well enough, I don't have the details of the situation and if there was anything actually lost I'm sure there would be a relevant complaint thread about it)

You don't hear about users making the mistake then fixing it because no one would report a fixed mistake.

Pimp's case sounds like an entierly different kind of thing that's much harder to do by accident. Plus there may have been other infractions and stuff that affected the decision. It doesn't sound like a particularly good comparison.

"The ban is placed on a matter of principle. It's as a punishment for breaking the rules and not necessarily because anyone did or didn't get hurt".
Here in this quote from solax himself he says that even if no one got hurt (kyure paying back the TC lost from the bet you still have to serve punishment on the matter of principle that you broke a rule
The evidence I'm using from my ban is definitely usable as proof since my account gucci had actually never been banned before so this was the first time i had broken the rule ban worthy and was granted the effect of a TWO month ban. And it being my first ever ban any remarks of i had done prior things to deserve it are invaild
you could defiantly make the argument that kyure on the principle that he broke the same rule not once but twice should have been punished. All points saying he refuned the cancelled bets and since he did this it makes what he did fine are wrong by staff standards so points made by red panda and others are actually inaccurate
This ban was also in the past year from solax who just recently resigned so I'm sure the ban ideology could not have changed much since then and the claim the staff are treated better than average community members is supported (in the feild of receiving punishments) while it's not sad that staff cannot be treated better than players isn't a rule it certainly wasn't something they were evident about
I did leave out other parts of solaxs response fir personal reasons but the quote from him isn't out of context so it's fair use for evidence
Last edited by Pimp; Mar 8, 2016 at 10:26 PM.
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”