Toribash
Originally Posted by Faint View Post
you're over exaggerating the rules JUST slightly, considering we don't even enforce the caps/colors rule anymore.

a lot of gms still getting hella buttmad on the caps and colors. You can tell with specific ones they make rules for the sake of feeling the power.
the god
I'd rather see a system where items were not "handed out" in the matter that they are now.
Or actually, two different sorts of tourneys, one that has an enterfee, and one that doesn't. And the better rewards could be in the one with an enterfee.
I'd also be happy with a counter for how many victories you have, and eventually a steam achievement for it, and I imagine that if we implemented that, people wouldn't be so fanatic about the items.

It would also be nice if we could reduce the waiting by moving matches to temporary servers, with a shared chat.

Am I making sense here?
Originally Posted by Soranz View Post
They are often boring because they don't make waiting fun for people.When gms do fun mods some say don't expect a prize worth more than 5k. So more mods that require skill pls. The only good thing is I don't see much chronos prizes being given anymore. Also I agree that gms mostly ignore the nobodys that probably are not known and stuff. Only time they really pay attention are when people like me spam or something to get the whole servers attention. Usually that method results in a server ban or worse.

Given that we get about half of the people saying "fun mods" and half saying "skilled mods", I think we're getting it about right tbh. We're never going to please everyone because everyone's gonna want different things.
The prizes definitely have been improved since this thread was created, we've made sure of it, complaining about them now just looks greedy really, and in future will be completely ignored.
In terms of talking to "not known players", if someone is dead silent for the whole game, then chances are, conversation won't strike up. Gm's have enough to worry about when hosting, and aren't likely to start conversations with everyone. If they join in, and the conversation is legitimately good, then who they are doesn't matter. If you have evidence to the contrary, by all means, pm me and I'll have a wee discussion with both you and the gm in question.

Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
I'd rather see a system where items were not "handed out" in the matter that they are now.
Or actually, two different sorts of tourneys, one that has an enterfee, and one that doesn't. And the better rewards could be in the one with an enterfee.
I'd also be happy with a counter for how many victories you have, and eventually a steam achievement for it, and I imagine that if we implemented that, people wouldn't be so fanatic about the items.

It would also be nice if we could reduce the waiting by moving matches to temporary servers, with a shared chat.

Am I making sense here?

Any form of off-the-cuff entry fee tourney is a huge turn off really. As soon as you add a price, people start to walk away. As you raise it, an exponential number of people turn away, unfortunately.
The super awesome good prizes will need to be saved for the forum events.

The steam thing is a good idea though. I'll try and let hampa know about steam achievements as oppose to purely website ones.
We had best of the champions a while back but it fell to the bottom of the priority list pretty quickly when the gm's were in trouble and it's never re-surfaced.

P.S shut up about prizes, they're better now, if you do say something about them I'll delete your post
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
Originally Posted by Erth View Post
P.S shut up about prizes, they're better now, if you do say something about them I'll delete your post

I mean, we need better prizes.

I think managing the amount of fun mods vs the amount of serious mods better is a big deal. Several days go by where everyone hosts balance.tbm or racecar.tbm, then several days go by where everyone hosts taekkyon.tbm. Maybe assigning certain GMs to different types of tournaments?
Gamemaster -- Need help? Click here!
I'm like... supposed to advocate for Team Aikido or something. Click that link if you're great at aikido.
Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
Several days go by where everyone hosts balance.tbm or racecar.tbm, then several days go by where everyone hosts taekkyon.tbm.

Exactly why cant there be a balance of the mods chosen for gmtourneys so it CAN please everyone.
I dont like to see an Greykido tourney . Then 2 days later its the same mod with something like Aikidobobblehead or something inbetween them. I would often see a tourney for zweihander , then there would be another tourney a few hours later with tilt_fix.tbm. L3arn to balance them out pls
Originally Posted by Kradel View Post
They is boring..would be better if they did super fast mods and also some rules are bullshit. You cant do anything besides watch other players till its your go then when you win the tourney all you can say is "Yay" because using colors or caps to show how much you love the fact you won can get you banned..pff

OMG I NEED TO TALK IN ALL CAPS AND COLORS TO HAVE FUN, OTHERWISE FUN IS IMPOSSIBLE!
Hoss.
Originally Posted by Soranz View Post
Exactly why cant there be a balance of the mods chosen for gmtourneys so it CAN please everyone.
I dont like to see an Greykido tourney . Then 2 days later its the same mod with something like Aikidobobblehead or something inbetween them. I would often see a tourney for zweihander , then there would be another tourney a few hours later with tilt_fix.tbm. L3arn to balance them out pls

There is not, nor will there ever be a prefect balance of mods for everyone, someone is always going to complain fun mod or skill mod this is just a fact. There's no way that everyone in a lobby will agree on one mod.
Last edited by AzureMage; Sep 8, 2013 at 07:45 AM.
Present to me the most beautiful woman, and I shall reward you with chronos
I have an idea ... Why not add something ... exciting

Example ... You get banned for a day IF YOU LOSE

Then in the game rules you halve the reaction time
you also halve the dojo *if there is any*
You put a big decapprize but double the dismembermentshold

There can only be 1 winner .... yeah ... something like that
Next time you want to host a 48 hour victory tourney, get your sh!t together. Azure basically ran the whole thing alone. You should have thought about replacements once the poor guy fell asleep. Having to suspend to whole thing just ruined it for everybody.
The idea was terrific, though. Just make sure to pull it off without a hitch next time and everyone's gonna be happy.
Yeah I agree with ynvaser .... I was there though ... I was there saying stuff like "HEY AZURE" "HEY HEY HEY" "HEY REMEMBER ME HEY HEY HEY" *flood kicked*