Toribash
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Anywho, finished Motto To Love Ru, starting To Love Ru Darkness.

I hope you've been doing the OVA's in the right order so it all makes more sense.

To Love-RU
--> OVA set 1 (6 EPs, mostly to introduce Nana & Momo at the right point in the story)
Motto To Love-RU
--> To Love-RU Darkness OVA (1 EP, sorta recap/prequil that glues the 2 series together)
To Love-RU Darkness

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
I speak with excessively complicated composition out of habit. "Androids" just doesn't flow as well as "life-sized automatons" for me. Call me crazy, but I took a perverse pleasure in making dumber people look confused. So old habits die hard.

Also started some Dempa something, something or whatever. About some girl who thinks she's an alien and the main character is basically sexually harassed by his attractive milf-but-ageless aunt. The girl is named Erio and it's produced by Shaft. That's all I remember off the top of my head right now :s

k.

Yeah I know exactly what you're talking about with the alien chick.
It's denpa onna to seishun otoko. (Had to google that.)
Either way I love the way they drew the lips. It's just beyond cute to me.
So are the nonexistent noses. Those are cute.
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Watching Another, 2 EPs in & I'm completely gripped.

Possibly the most depressing film I've ever seen.

Watching grave of the fireflies because if a movie can depress skulfuk then it's likely it is fucking depressing.
Grave of the fireflies is so sad.

Unimaginable. People are going through that every day in wartorn places, it makes me almost want to do something about it.
Hoss.
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Watching grave of the fireflies because if a movie can depress skulfuk then it's likely it is fucking depressing.

If you wanted truly depressing then go for Elfen Lied. That shit's almost soul destroying, and at times incredibly uncomfortable to watch. Re watched it again yesterday, still makes me feel like crap.

Grave of the Fireflies is incredibly depressing, though deffo a worthwhile watch. 1st time I saw it was on Kerry's recommendation, she was all "it's hart breaking" etc. For the 1st half I couldn't get why, then shit gets miserable... Really miserable.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Half way through Grave of the Fireflies I was thinking "why the hell does this anime even exist? Studio Ghibli is NOT 'the Japanese Disney'"
Actually seems like most of Studio Ghibli's movies have sad endings (at least partially).

I guess I should finish Elfen Lied, had that stalled for a few years now... Never really got in to it.
-----
Originally Posted by Picasa View Post
I want some Soul Eater like anime.

Just watch some shonen battle anime I guess. Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, etc.
Dunno, never really watched anything that was like Soul Eater. Ask around.
Last edited by ImmortalCow; Nov 3, 2012 at 06:44 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I started watching Robotics;Notes. Not bad but nothing amazing; I think that it's worth following for now but shouldn't be top priority when seen on the new episodes list (in the way SAO is).

There's no direct correlation between the story of Steins;Gate and Robotics;Notes, is there?
Proud Member of
[C3][Anime United]
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
I guess I should finish Elfen Lied, had that stalled for a few years now... Never really got in to it.

It can be difficult to get into the 1st time for many reasons, but it's worth the effort.

1. The art style is pretty guff for it's age.
2. The voice acting is pretty bad.
3. Things don't really start happening until a few EPs in, but you need to pay attention to the early ones for plot.

Make sure you get the Jap version, the voice acting's not great in it, but the dub was horrendous (think MS SAM level horrendous). Also ensure you get it uncut, that I can't emphasise enough. There's key stuff for the characters that doesn't appear in cut versions (because there's seriously grim stuff).

Aaaaaannnnnd, get the OVA. People tend to label it as EP 10.5 because it belongs in that part of the story... Sorta. It's more 10.5/11.1 IMO. Annoyingly it's pretty goofy at times & that doesn't fit the mood of the rest of the show, but it has some major plot stuff that fills in a fair few blanks. Obviously watch that after EP10.

All in all I love it even if it completely bums me out, and so long as you can grasp the themes it's getting at (mostly abuse, persecution etc etc) it becomes more interesting. Just be aware that there are parts of it that will sicken you (providing you have uncut, which you should for plot reasons).

IMO it's the most fucked up mainstream anime out there.
Last edited by SkulFuk; Nov 3, 2012 at 08:11 AM.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
Loved it. Kagami is indeed awesome. On par with Okabe.

it remind me of my friend(the otaku side,not the smartass side)
"0h no" -Trice
A.K.A Tricerafi || Thanks Papa Donut, bless you
Do you know any good releases for bakuman's new season?

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!