Toribash
Originally Posted by ynvaser View Post
Next time you want to host a 48 hour victory tourney, get your sh!t together. Azure basically ran the whole thing alone. You should have thought about replacements once the poor guy fell asleep. Having to suspend to whole thing just ruined it for everybody.
The idea was terrific, though. Just make sure to pull it off without a hitch next time and everyone's gonna be happy.

I wrote a win-counting script a long time ago that the GMs decided not to use for some reason.

I even offered to write a utility where they did not need to be in the server, but it was too late.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Originally Posted by ynvaser View Post
Next time you want to host a 48 hour victory tourney, get your sh!t together. Azure basically ran the whole thing alone. You should have thought about replacements once the poor guy fell asleep. Having to suspend to whole thing just ruined it for everybody.
The idea was terrific, though. Just make sure to pull it off without a hitch next time and everyone's gonna be happy.

We're fully aware of the limitations with regards to this 48 hour gmvictory and I'd like to apologise on behalf of the gm's.
I realise it was the hard work of very few gm's that made it happen, and they'll certainly be rewarded for that.
Just so everyone's on the same page - it was an extremely off the cuff idea.
An impulse-host of a larger-than-normal scale.
I can assure you guys that next time, we'll have a full squad of eager gm's and thorough planning

Also, we did use the win counter, well, most of us did
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
Spectating is too boring, it need something like minigame. I usually play single player or surf on forums while waiting.
Something is better than nothing.

Hampa is actually working to make spectating a little bit more... Entertaining.

Also, minimizing the Toribash window to surf shouldn't be a problem, you should get notified when it's your turn.
GMTourneys are great. I personally find them to be a nice mixture of mods allowing for a competitive and fun atmosphere. sadly, as with most things, there's many people who'd be quick to refute that. Nonetheless, the way I see it, the problem doesn't lie as much in the variety but rather in the Significance of these events.

No, I don't mean giving No-QI Demon Forces for every tourney, but rather possibly the giving of awards to those who accumulate those most "points" (1st place= x amount of "Tourney points" 2nd place= Some fraction of x; for the sake of algebra, lets name it y) over a certain span of time. The person with the most of these "points" receives an additional prize. These awards wouldn't necessarily have to be god tier, not even to the extent of a No-QI item, merely something that the winner could show off to their friends and whatnot. Considering logs are already kept for each tourney, this could be simply a thread to maintain and update periodically.

Why?

It would give more meaning to each tourney. Aside from just getting the prize, bashers like myself could have more motivation to come to these tourneys, seeking more than just a [relatively] small prize (opinions on this vary from person to person). The implementation of this points system could create a whole new aspect of GM tourneys that would further attract players of all skill levels.

Also, these new approaches to in-game GM events such as the 48 Hour GMVictory are awesome, however only provided they are better organized then on previous occasions. I would like to see more Hotseat tourneys with alternative objectives as well. These are things such as distance traveled, fastest self DQ, most combined damage, etc. (Tonakai knows what's up). I love to see the GM's continually growing in creativity regarding events, you guys are doing a helluva job.
[i]nquisition
nothing much

The gmdecap today has minbelt 1000 preventing low belts to enter. What the fuck? I thought ingame gm events are for all players......
I'd assume that is due to the fact that overwhelming amounts of alts are roaming around in-game, and it would be much easier to fix a match using alternate accounts(which are usually lower belts). Stupid as it may be, it's a necessary precaution to take.

I'll see if I can work out something with the guys hosting to get you in there, if you'd like.

-----

Edit: Problem should be solved, for yourself at least. You may join if you'd like.
Last edited by Fancy; Sep 11, 2013 at 02:25 AM.
[i]nquisition
nothing much