Ranking
Original Post
Ranking changes
I'm updating our ranking system. Rankings will reset every month and only some servers will have ranking enabled on them.

Whats new from today:
- Only selected servers will be ranked. "This is a ranked server")
- Before ranked matches you'll get a message. "This is a ranked match (#rank vs #rank)"
- I've enabled ranking on the tourney1-8 servers. Admins can put ranking on any server they please.

Whats coming:
- On the 1st of August I'll clear the current rankings. Yes, all rankings will reset.

On the last of the month will be able to have special events for the best players of that month.

This is still in development so if you have any suggestions feel free to post in this thread.
Last edited by hampa; Jul 27, 2015 at 09:30 AM.
I take some of my rage back, seeing that people are working on improving it as we speak. Moop had a great suggestion about elo restricted servers.
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
Moop had a great suggestion about elo restricted servers.

To be clear that wasn't just my suggestion. Also I think we've already decided we're going to be making these at some point
one time i had a hair deep in my urethra and when i pulled it out it felt kinda good ~fudgiebalz 2020

<~Skul> they're not children, they're demon midgets
<~Skul> if you kill one in front of the rest, they'll scatter and leave
Originally Posted by Velordrel View Post
Rank one mudahfuckah!

Getting rank 1 this early is not at all impressive no need to gloat about it.
Are you guys sure putting ranks up in qi restricted rooms is the right way to go? Why not use public servers? Just a question.
Your messed up world enthrills me
Anti-farming measure. We don't plan qi restrictions to be huge, just enough to make creating alts for farming rank and tc from prizes really tiresome. You can expect more elo restrictions than qi ones.
retired
The system is actually alright at a push, its fun for players more fun for newbies really but the only sad part is that it does not represent rank or skill in anyway, the rank system literately just encourages noob bashing. There is huge potential here, and also just shows how fantastic a matchmaking system would be, Really hope you get around to making a matchmaking system some time Hampa.
match making isn't needed.

it isnt broken just because you say it is.

There are more people for this change than against it.

How bout instead of complaining about it just deal with it. In the end it is still just a game.
Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post
It's there. But it says "a unranked match".

my OCD is hurting me since it isn't "an unranked match."

I noticed this too and it was killing me ;c
[SIGPIC]:)[/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Bayless View Post
match making isn't needed.

it isnt broken just because you say it is.

There are more people for this change than against it.

How bout instead of complaining about it just deal with it. In the end it is still just a game.

If we all had your attitude then how would the game ever progress, Hampa needs people to tell him the problems with the system instead of kissing his ass all the time.

And exactly as i said the newbies enjoy it, the newbies aka YOU.