Ranking
hip throws? maybe i think.
Attached Files
akido hiptosssdfcxv.rpl (52.4 KB, 10 views)
akido fowardthrowresdf.rpl (43.9 KB, 12 views)
akido legtwercxv.rpl (46.5 KB, 10 views)
akido thewrdsfcx.rpl (57.1 KB, 5 views)
Last edited by monkeyishi; Nov 5, 2015 at 07:23 PM. Reason: forgot replays
Okay monkeyishi you got it down for sure. It looks like you've been doing these for a while xD.

Tanto this isn't exactly replay making your just sharing your development progress which is what we we're trying to have everybody do here.
So of your replays 2 and 4 we hip throws and they looked pretty good. Keep drilling this movement against Uke and once you memorize it you can really start using it in multiplayer.
Your first replay was actually almost a footsweep and pretty good one.
The 3rd replays is what you get when you miss the base quadrant that i explained in the tutorial.

Good work keep it up!
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Obviously not the greatest opponent but i just love watching these.
Attached Files
bjj - scissor sweep (6).rpl (27.7 KB, 10 views)
Toribash Martial Artists
Looks neat, yet I still doubt about the general usefulness of that kick in serious competition. (things like clanwars or duels)
Nothing is as beautiful as mediocricy
The thing is with bjj moves that your legs often wrap around your opponent which leaves you with only 1 free limb while your opponent still have both their legs and a free arm. It's a risky move but when you pull it off, it pays off.

Aquita, r8 my armbar.
Attached Files
Last edited by TimmyboyG; Nov 8, 2015 at 01:06 PM.

i am a bird now - Lil B

got to the small of the ring a did a throw for the win
-----
Also tim that armbar was so good it lagged my toribash, wash he stuck or?
Attached Files
reverse throw1.rpl (51.8 KB, 13 views)
Last edited by Gotti; Nov 8, 2015 at 03:02 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
10/10 Timmy. That looked great and there's nothing i wouldn't have done there except obviously if you're not gripping he could have just let go of you and you would fall off.

But still it worked and yes there's some vulnerabilities with bjj techniques one being that you usually have only one posting hand to rely on for a base and the other is that with all your weight on their upper body they can lift you out of small dojos easily.

Which is why i say if possible you want to grab a leg to secure any armbar or guard but it wasn't necessary in your case.
Toribash Martial Artists
Originally Posted by Aquita View Post
10/10 Timmy. That looked great and there's nothing i wouldn't have done there except obviously if you're not gripping he could have just let go of you and you would fall off.

But still it worked and yes there's some vulnerabilities with bjj techniques one being that you usually have only one posting hand to rely on for a base and the other is that with all your weight on their upper body they can lift you out of small dojos easily.

Which is why i say if possible you want to grab a leg to secure any armbar or guard but it wasn't necessary in your case.

I lost the grabtrade on the hand I was trying to lock.
-----
Originally Posted by Aquita View Post
Obviously not the greatest opponent but i just love watching these.

This right here looked so fucking sick damn!
I'm gonna try that..
Last edited by TimmyboyG; Nov 8, 2015 at 05:11 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump

i am a bird now - Lil B

darkexxod that was nice. Idono if it was intentional but your little foot hook between his legs kept you in the right distance to set up the 2nd throw attempt. Very slick i must say, I'll try that in the future.
Toribash Martial Artists
Guys, this is how to beat a lifter with the power of bushido c:
Attached Files
Last edited by Zwift; Nov 8, 2015 at 07:07 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
(╭ರᴥ•́)