Ranking
a card with 2 cpu's and 2 verry good1ns that card sude be expensif i will look for the price and post it

http://www.shopbot.com.au/pp-galaxy-...ce-162969.html

+-630$
for the card
BUT look
http://www.shopbot.com.au/pp-manli-r...ce-230243.html
180$ for this

i will still take the gtx 295
Last edited by Suspect; Feb 16, 2010 at 06:33 PM.
That's really expensive for a gtx 295. Is there anything that makes it different from an evga?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
I also wanted to make this thread because I plan on buying a new card and I don`t know which one to choose.
Proud member of [Pandora]
how mutch can u spend?
if i was u i will pay 50-100$ more on a card and it will play better and hold longer (support games verry well)
then afret a year u sude buy new 1 and that will cost u more
buy a good 1
i wil say a 9800+ not lower
i got a 9500 1gb but dont buy it buy 9800+

my 9500 can ran all games but in a year or less it wont handel it as well ans the older games so u sude thing ahead not at the presents then u will buy a crappy card (thats what i did) btw its my 1st card and the only thing i cude aford at that time cuz my mom didnt what to give me money to so i can have more $$ to buy a better card
Always buy the best possible. Te card makes the largest difference in gaming unless you have a bad CPU. Also consider both nvidia AND ati. Read the benchmarks too. There are tests comparing them on all sorts of different games.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]
I automaticly pick nividia beacause it's easy for me to tell how good it is because of the numbers. Ati is weird shit to me lol I go idk this good or bad ohwell I know how good that nvidia card is!
Nvidia always had way better driver support, whereas ATI USED to have better quality and lower energy consumption in 2D mode.
Unfortunately, that changed with ATI's new 5k series...the cards do perform outstandingly in 3D, but about half of them has major malfunctions in 2d ( that does include your average desktop work )

Nvidia comes with Cuda...which isnt "the new Physix" as War_Hero said...its just a set of functions that enables your card to handle non graphic related applications on your graphic card without using any cpu power, and of course it comes with hardware accelerated physics
( great....would be nice if more than 3 games would actually make use of it...useless features dont really count )

ATI on the other hand, holds the current performance crown but wasnt able to reach that goal without compromising their old goal of giving you better quality. Lack of Anti Aliasing in some games is only one of the facts that prove my point. Also...DX11...very usefull....as if !

Its a really tough decision wether to go for an ATI or a Nvidia card.
Depending on your wallet i'd choose ATI if its running dry...and Nvidia if it is full of spare change. ( next generation go ! )

From personal experience i can only say that both brands are more than able to create a good graphic card, but with all this feature hype (Nvidia ) and empty promises towards making better drivers ( ATI ) its really up to your current needs.

i really miss the old 3dfx times =/

rest in piece..my good old Monster3d
Last edited by Rutzor; Feb 16, 2010 at 11:51 PM.
<Alan> lol, rutz, it might be cool to smell your ass all the time you touch the mic

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/H4rl/PS/deathnote1-2.png
Great post Rutz!
So Cuda basically makes the gpu an extension of your CPU? Sounds really useful seeing how powerful a lot of the cards are.

If it makes you feel better, I found this old geforce2 at the lab. 32 mb of memory :] hehe, it's was pretty cool to see how much the cards have come in less than a decade.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]
yah, cuda can be used for pretty much everything if put to good use
<Alan> lol, rutz, it might be cool to smell your ass all the time you touch the mic

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/H4rl/PS/deathnote1-2.png
Just how many programs out there can take advantage of this, though?

I don't think I've seen any screens that have said "cuda accelerated" or anything like that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]