Ranking
Well im more into death-metal too but things like dub-step aren't that bad too but the fact that all these famous dub-step producers just make a concert where they just put in a disk and scratch a few times is a bit disappointing in my opinion

Also if anyone could do it it wouldn't work out to get a millioniare since much more different dub-step and all this other stuff bands would exists which means much less money to earn for the people (which won't happen probably since there will never be that much db producers)

"Its not a matter a taste, its a psychological trend."

I could say the same about clean vocals just because more humans listen to it doesn't means that it's good . You can't really explain how music works
Last edited by Mike2k5; Oct 7, 2011 at 11:05 PM.
Videoshop:www.youtube.com/eistea1(Only good replays )TEO http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...80#post4333680 your favorite satanist
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
I wouldn't do that simply because its fucking retarded. What is appealing about someone screaming/growling?

Its not a talent.

If it's not a talent, then why dont we see a billion screamo bands out there.

And you're asking me to explain how a certain genre of music is appealing?
Can you explain to me why country/dubstep is appealing?

It sounds terrible to me, yet there are people out there that love it. I'm not gonna get into an argument with you over if screaming music is terrible, because it's a matter of opinion.

Your opinion is it's terrible.
My opinion is it's good.

And it's a talent, because you have to do two things

A) Sing
B) Scream/growl

If you haven't took serious vocal lessons, then you can assume singing is easy. But you have to concentrate on a many different things, you have to actually think, it's not as simple as it looks.

Then you have to add the fact you have to scream correctly, without blowing out your vocal chords. So you have to think A LOT during your screaming/growling to not destroy your voice and make it sound good.

Though I can tell you that screaming songs reduce my stress level, and low screaming sounds pretty sweet to me.
Last edited by 2worlds; Oct 7, 2011 at 11:08 PM.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Its not a matter a taste, its a psychological trend.

Please explain why you find screaming appealing? Also, if anyone could do it, then there would be many more millionaires.

Its not just the screaming.You know how long it takes to learn a slip drum solo or guitar solo?You know how long it takes a computer to do it(simulations)So theres your awnser.
Originally Posted by 2worlds View Post
If it's not a talent, then why dont we see a billion screamo bands out there.

Not that many people are interested in screamo music. There were at least 8 bands I know of when I went to highschool.

And you're asking me to explain how a certain genre of music is appealing?
Can you explain to me why country/dubstep is appealing?

Neither of those genres appeal to me, in any way. I will explain why I like the music I like however. I enjoy almost all kinds of music due to the fact that I don't give a fuck about what the person who produces it is doing, just how it sounds. If I like the outcome, then I like it.

It sounds terrible to me, yet there are people out there that love it. I'm not gonna get into an argument with you over if screaming music is terrible, because it's a matter of opinion.

It isn't a matter of opinion. Nowadays, there is a trend among teenagers to like nonsensical, idiosyncratic music genres such as dubstep/"death" metal/deathcore/etc. If you ask them why they like it, they can never give a straightforward answer, and tend to dodge the question, much like you did.

Your opinion is it's terrible.
My opinion is it's good.

And it's a talent, because you have to do two things

A) Sing
B) Scream/growl

Singing is a talent, but just about anyone can scream/growl. By just about anyone, I mean just about anyone who is retarded enough to potentially cause serious damage to his vocal chords.

If you haven't took serious vocal lessons, then you can assume singing is easy. But you have to concentrate on a many different things, you have to actually think, it's not as simple as it looks.

Then you have to add the fact you have to scream correctly, without blowing out your vocal chords.

E: Also, I never said talent was not required to play the guitar/drums/etc, I actually said the opposite. Plenty of the worlds best bands don't scream like retards. Doesn't mean they suck for not mastering it, they're just not dumb enough to resort to it to get people to listen to them.
Last edited by Hyde; Oct 7, 2011 at 11:10 PM.
Hoss.

It isn't a matter of opinion. Nowadays, there is a trend among teenagers to like nonsensical, idiosyncratic music genres such as dubstep/"death" metal/deathcore/etc. If you ask them why they like it, they can never give a straightforward answer, and tend to dodge the question, much like you did.

Nobody in my school listens to that kind of music im the only one.
I kinda got my hands on a old metal album of black dahlia murder .
I was kinda fascinated by the fact how guitars can sound so dark .
The fact that this music is really challenging to play is one of my top reasons why I listen to it and also the fact that it just sounds completely different from any other music (in a good way ) . I just like how it sounds thats it actually .
I never let myself influence by other people when it's about music. And im probably listening for a while and don't think that I will stop in a while . Of course there are in every music genre some stupid scene kids which just follow blind the mass of the listeners
Videoshop:www.youtube.com/eistea1(Only good replays )TEO http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...80#post4333680 your favorite satanist

I edited my post to include reasons
All you basically said is "If it sounds good to me, I like it"

Well, that's basically what I said. If It sounds good, I like it.

And you're making it seem like I ONLY LISTEN to it. I listen to other genres.
I listen to Classical, screamo, rock, rap, techno, trance, anything as long as I like the outcome.

I'm even part of my school chorus where we sing 14th century pieces. I like those too.

They don't use screaming.

Also I like how you're implying that the only reason I listen to screamo, is because I'm a high school student who can't decide for himself, and listens to what his friends listen to. Well, you can think that, except I go to a redneck school where everyone listens to country/dubstep/pop.

Also you say anyone can scream, that it doesnt require talent
Well think of dancing, anyone can dance, but you have to learn to dance well to not look like a retard.
for screaming, you have to learn to scream, so you dont sound like shit.

Edit: and again, part (most probably) of that talent is not causing serious damage to your vocal chord
Last edited by 2worlds; Oct 7, 2011 at 11:21 PM.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
So basicly this is an opinion matter.Some people like dubstep/Rave/Pop/techno/House BULLSHIT-(Opinion) and some like metal/Death Metal/Nu metal/Alternative/Cunch-(Hope the spelling is correct).Im just stating that the "Computerised gernes" requir the least amount of effort YET the become millionairs?So yeah.
Originally Posted by Mike2k5 View Post

Nobody in my school listens to that kind of music im the only one.
I kinda got my hands on a old metal album of black dahlia murder .
I was kinda fascinated by the fact how guitars can sound so dark .
The fact that this music is really challenging to play is one of my top reasons why I listen to it and also the fact that it just sounds completely different from any other music (in a good way ) . I just like how it sounds thats it actually .
I never let myself influence by other people when it's about music. And im probably listening for a while and don't think that I will stop in a while . Of course there are in every music genre some stupid scene kids which just follow blind the mass of the listeners

See, you think thats the case, you think you aren't blindly following what other people listen to, but that isn't the case. Subconsciously, you are following the trends, whether you notice it or not. Teenagers like to rebel, and what better way to do it then say you don't follow any trends, much like the millions of other teenagers who say exactly that and follow that trend. I'd like to not delve to deep into it, but thats just how it is. You guys are in no position to hate on other genres. I don't care what kind of music you like, nor if it requires any talent or not, but don't put anything else down. Also, were you trying to say that you are exactly like one of those 'unique' kids who try to not be part of the group and end up being part of another group? Because thats what it sounds like :P

Originally Posted by 2worlds View Post
I edited my post to include reasons
All you basically said is "If it sounds good to me, I like it"

Well, that's basically what I said. If It sounds good, I like it.

And you're making it seem like I ONLY LISTEN to it. I listen to other genres.
I listen to Classical, screamo, rock, rap, techno, trance, anything as long as I like the outcome.

I'm even part of my school chorus where we sing 14th century pieces. I like those too.

They don't use screaming.

Also I like how you're implying that the only reason I listen to screamo, is because I'm a high school student who can't decide for himself, and listens to what his friends listen to. Well, you can think that, except I go to a redneck school where everyone listens to country/dubstep/pop.

Also you say anyone can scream, that it doesnt require talent
Well think of dancing, anyone can dance, but you have to learn to dance well to not look like a retard.
for screaming, you have to learn to scream, so you dont sound like shit.

I never said screamo was bad, it just does not appeal to me. But that is no reason to go out and say shit about other music genres just because you think it makes you look cool.

NOTICE: EFFORT DOES NOT MAKE MUSIC GOOD, PEOPLE LIKING IT DOES.
Hoss.
See sublimanely,You think you're correct.Meanwhile you are avoiding the fact that some bands (LMFAO etc.) Get famous for doing shit.
I never said screamo was bad, it just does not appeal to me. But that is no reason to go out and say shit about other music genres just because you think it makes you look cool.

I havent said shit about other music genres. The closest thing to saying music is terrible is me explaining I dont find dubstep and country, as an example.

The whole point behind my posts was trying to explain why screaming is a talent.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ