Ranking
Originally Posted by m0o View Post
Prove that I am not a 4 dimensional being.

gogogo

You and everyone else on the planet exist in what people believe to be 3 dimensions: Height, Width and Depth.

This is not true. m0o, you were partialy correct, but there is one dimension that you have forgotton.

Every human exists in 5 obvious dimensions: Height, Width, Depth, Time and Space.

Any other dimensions can be though of to be of human existence, but there is gray area in these situations.

As for ghost stories, sometimes the lights in my house flicker on/off.
Also, one time a pen flew across my room.
Originally Posted by Modarchy View Post
You can't disprove something like this.

So?
You also can't disprove that there is a sleeping golem inside the Earth's core. Doesn't make the claim any more plausible, though.

As for ghosts:
I am sure dead people couldn't find anything better to do than play with your light switch and close your doors at night. What a great way to spend eternity.
Last edited by Odlov; Jun 15, 2010 at 02:16 AM.
Originally Posted by SilentAssassin View Post
You and everyone else on the planet exist in what people believe to be 3 dimensions: Height, Width and Depth.

This is not true. m0o, you were partialy correct, but there is one dimension that you have forgotton.

Every human exists in 5 obvious dimensions: Height, Width, Depth, Time and Space.

Any other dimensions can be though of to be of human existence, but there is gray area in these situations.

4 Dimensions.
Height, Width, Length <--- They make up space.
Time is separate.

I suggest calling a qualified electrician to fix the circuit.

i'm sure it did.

@modarchy: the burden of proof would lie with the believer in this case. I'm simply pointing out that every time someone comes up with a 'proof' of supernatural existence, it is quickly denounced by the qualified.
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
So?
You also can't disprove that there is a sleeping golem inside the Earth's core. Doesn't make the claim any more plausible, though.

...and...
Are you saying that everything implausible is impossible? I don't understand what you're getting at.

Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
As for ghosts:
I am sure dead people couldn't find anything better to do than play with your light switch and close your doors at night. What a great way to spend eternity.

I would find that incredibly fun.

Originally Posted by H4rl3quin View Post
@modarchy: the burden of proof would lie with the believer in this case. I'm simply pointing out that every time someone comes up with a 'proof' of supernatural existence, it is quickly denounced by the qualified.

There have been several instances of "ghosts" and such not being able to be disproven by modern science.

We're talking about the 4th spatial dimension dude, not time.

Also you've only mentioned 4 dimensions
Last edited by m0o; Jun 15, 2010 at 02:54 AM.
Originally Posted by Modarchy View Post
...and...
Are you saying that everything implausible is impossible?

Not at all, but you seem to think that if a claim can't be tested/falsified it is somehow more plausible, as was implied by you saying "you can't disprove something like this". This of course is not the case.

I would find that incredibly fun.

For a month, max.

There have been several instances of "ghosts" and such not being able to be disproven by modern science.

Do cite some.
For the record: objects flying around in mid air =/= evidence for an immortal invisible human spirit which moves them around.
space... is how dimensions work, it's what the spatial dimensions ARE.
<FeD> i will allow my ass being raped