Toribash
I'm lsl, just to let you guys know.
Also, I'm currently developing for two communities and am soon to find out whether I am to help develop BlueElephant (BlueElephant is the name of the core framework which runs HackThisSite.org. It is named after the mascot for PHP, quite literally a blue elephant,) and HTS as a whole. I can provide useful insights into web development with PHP (esp. OO PHP) and such. My IRC nick is ryan, if you'd like to chat.
Application:

Name: Javion
Belt: Black
Time Zone: -5:00
Skills: I have taken HTML, and I have many websites. (One of which is published) I am taking java. I will be taking AP Java next year. I make text-based games in my spare time. I am at the top of my class because I love computers.
Reason(s) for applying: I said it and I'll say it again, I love computers. If I join this org I'll have something interesting to talk about and share. I really would like to share my text-based games with everyone.
Forum Activity: Every day
Infrac History: Nothing but a warning.
Do you like Jazz? Absolutely not.
Last edited by JayVeeIN; Feb 22, 2011 at 02:55 AM.
You want some? Come. Get. Some. | OBEY
I was just lurking around the forum and found this org quite interesting,
Hi, my name's Wik I'm 16 and I'm still a student. I don't have any special experience in coding before, but I have learned some (very) basic programming using Pascal, and also managed to try some html but never continued to learn deeper. Also sometimes when I got nothing to do, I would make some basic and trivial lua tb script just for fun. I'm hoping by joining this org, I can learn more about coding and web scripting from you guys

:)
Originally Posted by jvnsfunny View Post
I make text-based games in my spare time

That's pretty cool!

Care to share?
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
EDIT: This is my latest game. It's called pig.

http://www.box.net/shared/a5ek4oujdt

Just open it in textpad or wtvr and compile.

I'll give you my favorite game tomorrow. I saved it at school. ^-^
Last edited by JayVeeIN; Feb 23, 2011 at 02:22 AM.
You want some? Come. Get. Some. | OBEY
Apologies for the wait, I'm fairly busy now (landed HTS developer!)
Both added. Come to the IRC channel when you can.
Originally Posted by jvnsfunny View Post
EDIT: This is my latest game. It's called pig.

http://www.box.net/shared/a5ek4oujdt

Just open it in textpad or wtvr and compile.

I'll give you my favorite game tomorrow. I saved it at school. ^-^

lol nice.

You should compile it to a .jar so I can be lazy ^^

(Oh yeah and you forgot your dice class :S)

slightly improved, didn't test :L

Last edited by Gorman; Feb 26, 2011 at 05:15 AM.
So, no-sql databases are cool.
PHP Code:
$user $GLOBALS['mongodb']->users->findOne(array('username' => $_SESSION['user']['username'])); 
is equal to
PHP Code:
$user mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("SELECT * FROM users WHERE username = {$_SESSION['user']['username']}")); 
using mongodb (after the connections have been initialised, of course).

destiny, added.