Ranking
Originally Posted by rickyz View Post
Aw man, I gotta tell my grandpa
Hey but thx for telling me. I'll be sure to not share my account

Telling you your great grandpa to stop being a douche?
Well, He's not a douche so I won't tell him that :3
:3
Edit: another question.
What if you have two accounts?
Do you still get a ban for that too?
Last edited by rickyz; Oct 16, 2011 at 09:49 PM.
:) "We are happy that Vox is gone = Corrupt and Abusive. He Deserves it." -Toribash Community
of course not

having alts is legal, as long as you dont do illegal things with it. (selling it, farming with it, etcetera)
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Ah Okay thx :3
:) "We are happy that Vox is gone = Corrupt and Abusive. He Deserves it." -Toribash Community
Originally Posted by box View Post
of course not

having alts is legal, as long as you dont do illegal things with it. (selling it, farming with it, etcetera)

Note: Just don't overdo it, it pisses off the admins when someone is causing issues and they're having 20+ alts.

Main character
+Alt character
+bank character
=fine

Main character
+10 useless alts for no reason
+20 troll/scam/ban evasion alts
=Massban script
Last edited by Jarmund; Oct 16, 2011 at 10:23 PM.
Originally Posted by ViperTech View Post
Trojans, keylogger, worms, viruses, malware...things that can harm your computer (and also your account) on heavy ways.

How a virus can harm my account?
System Of a Down [Extreme]|LOP|RSO|MoA Dontclickhere!
Originally Posted by ViperTech View Post
Another little thing:

If you accidentially/unthoughtly clicked a link and/or have the slightest suspicion that your account may be compromised you can contact a smod or admin and tell em whats happened. They now how to react and what to do.

Beside that: A VIRUSSCANNER SHOULD BE EXPLICIT DUTY!
Trojans, keylogger, worms, viruses, malware...things that can harm your computer (and also your account) on heavy ways.

There are several good and free virusscanners around the net. Just look for them.

If you see links spammed around do it like me Trust no one, not even yourself

You should also be very cautious with different third party "add-ons" (such as BigBro [only used it as an example, it's safe so do not worry 'bout it!]) 'cause it's not that hard to write a program which does something neat and while doing it steals your logging creds.

As "Mad-Eye" Moody said it: “Constant vigilance!”
< Larfen> also my replay thread has more views than the rules thread \o/

...This probably explains most problems in this community.
Originally Posted by Dargon View Post
You should also be very cautious with different third party "add-ons" (such as BigBro [only used it as an example, it's safe so do not worry 'bout it!]) 'cause it's not that hard to write a program which does something neat and while doing it steals your logging creds.

What the dyslexic dragon said: This is a trend that has been on the increase for the past 5-7 years. A program that does some diminutive task fairly well enough to be installed on a myriad of machines as malware. Somewhat related are the programs that warn about "235879 threats found, click here to purchase full version and clean them".
-----
Originally Posted by Tessh View Post
How a virus can harm my account?

Not directly, but as a side-effect. I have disassembled code that monitors any login activity, and reports the login credentials back to a bot that will do anything to exploit the login. In this case it would be more likely with a virus specifically written to target toribash accounts... which I haven't seen (yet).
Last edited by Jarmund; Oct 16, 2011 at 11:10 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by Jarmund View Post
Note: Just don't overdo it, it pisses off the admins when someone is causing issues and they're having 20+ alts.

Main character
+Alt character
+bank character
=fine

Main character
+10 useless alts for no reason
+20 troll/scam/ban evasion alts
=Massban script

Problem: I have made many, for stupid reasons, Not to scam or anything just because, Is there anyway to have them deleted and the names put back to be used?
Originally Posted by Nerdly View Post
Problem: I have made many, for stupid reasons, Not to scam or anything just because, Is there anyway to have them deleted and the names put back to be used?

Just leave them. If they aren't bothering anyone, nobody really cares.

As for freeing up names it just so happens that i've been thinking of creating a system for purging unused accounts. It's just a thought for now, though.