Ranking
Originally Posted by GHB View Post
fun fact: it isnt even proven that hiv causes aids

http://www.la.indymedia.org/news/2003/06/66369.php

and no one has ever seen the hi-virus so far. only the antibodies indicate the existance of "something"

http://www.healtoronto.com/hiviso.html

AIDS is the name given to the syndrome of those who get their immune system heavily debilitated or even destroyed. Its not a "disease" per se, its a condition where your immune system is no longer able to accomplish its function in your body's defense.

And HIV does lead to that state (AIDS) once the infection spreads and destroy your white blood cells.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Originally Posted by jetsnix View Post
The best thing to prevent aids is some common fucking sense, and a condom :/

condoms arent exactly... reliable...
i remember some AIDS organisation handing out condoms at a shopping centre STAPLED to a pamphlet.

only real solution is prevention.
and testing is NB. duh
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post

AIDS is such a big issue, schools dont teach us anything about it, the more we know, they more scared we get and bla bla bla chain reaction...
dont particurly feel like researching it

Yes they do actually. My entire class learned about it during the last few weeks of the year.
Originally Posted by jetsnix View Post
The best thing to prevent aids is some common fucking sense, and a condom :/

They don't always work.
Originally Posted by Bio View Post
Yes they do actually. My entire class learned about it during the last few weeks of the year.

was refering to the places were affects people the most.
Anti AIDS campaigns are geared towards awareness rather than how it works.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
The article says this is good against HIV, but will that mean it is also good against AIDS?

I'd thought that they were the same viruses, but our school didn't go too much in detail on the subject, and the posts here made be question my belief.

Also, about the 91% part. Do you know whether this will be 91% of all viruses on average, or will it somehow be the 91% of strains that make up the 30% of hiv viruses in people? Or what if someone has several strains in their system? Then, if they take the medicine, they'll be left with only those who survive, which will multiply and then spread. Then everyone else who gets hiv from them will be helpless.

Sure hope they find something to cover the other 9%.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Oh well you guys are pretty outdated, they already have the cure, they found a plant in Amazonia that recovers the imunologic system and purge the virus from the body. And the government don't show it on TV bcz they are still interested in the money received from the medicine cocktails used on many HIV infected.
So there is no dicease that the human creates that the human can't destroy. Same thing happened with the Ebola Virus.
Buckshot Aspirin to ease ur headache
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
The article says this is good against HIV, but will that mean it is also good against AIDS?

I'd thought that they were the same viruses, but our school didn't go too much in detail on the subject, and the posts here made be question my belief.

Also, about the 91% part. Do you know whether this will be 91% of all viruses on average, or will it somehow be the 91% of strains that make up the 30% of hiv viruses in people? Or what if someone has several strains in their system? Then, if they take the medicine, they'll be left with only those who survive, which will multiply and then spread. Then everyone else who gets hiv from them will be helpless.

Sure hope they find something to cover the other 9%.

AIDS is a condition caused by this virus.

Originally Posted by YouDown View Post
Oh well you guys are pretty outdated, they already have the cure, they found a plant in Amazonia that recovers the imunologic system and purge the virus from the body. And the government don't show it on TV bcz they are still interested in the money received from the medicine cocktails used on many HIV infected.
So there is no dicease that the human creates that the human can't destroy. Humans didn`t invent HIV and AIDS. It was caused by a retard making sweet sweet love to a monkey. Same thing happened with the Ebola Virus. Don`t confuse bacterial infections with viruses. Ebola is bacteria that infects the outer tract of your lower intestine, Ecoli affects the inner.

I laugh at your grammar.
Hoss.