Ranking
I love Metal, but I hate screamo, which is pure annoyance, and so are gutterals; there is no reason for them to even write lyrics because you can barely even understand them. I like the metal where words can actually be heard correctly. My opinion.

But you have to realize that Metal and other types of music isn't for everybody.

Originally Posted by Shin-Ryuu View Post
i second mister's post

Some bands are better when playing live than studio record (Slipknot, Children of bodom, In Flames <--- good examples)

I must second yours. They play just like they would in studio. Not the exact same beats of course, but it's just a pure fact that every band sounds better in the studio than live, because they don't get studio quality sound live, and it's impossible for them to.
Last edited by Drummer; Jan 24, 2009 at 11:43 PM.
I have left Toribash, but will drop in occasionally on the forums and IRC. Still in Sigma.
:/ stfu Bob. Quit making useless posts.
I have left Toribash, but will drop in occasionally on the forums and IRC. Still in Sigma.
I like Sum 41,Ozzy, and Maiden, stuff like that. Screamos = pure crap. I understand that the musicians have screwed up lives and stuff and want to get their anger out, but honestly, how is listening to meaningless yelling enjoyable? You cant even undertstand the words unless you look them up. If classic rock is more your type than fine, it all just sounds like the same tune to me.
The screamo heads and gutteral folks always say "I know what they say right when I here it!", bullcrap.

Sum 41's music compared to other punk rock bands..same tune to me. I guess that's why they made genres, eh?
wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong
Originally Posted by toritori9 View Post
Or maybe your lonely, so you go into Metal looking for these friends that aren't there.

Really, It's a bunch of people screaming in your ear about how shit their life is. About how they were abused as a child and got jailed and blah blah blah.

Bunch of crap.

IMO

thats death metal, or screamo. metal actually means something, besides sex, rapings, shootings, and drive-bys that rap is about. listen to some korn, the old metallica, system of a down(best metal/alternative ever) just listen to the lyrics. metal makes me relax!
Originally Posted by 27723773 View Post
besides sex, rapings, shootings, and drive-bys that rap is about.

Or the imagined insanity and hatred, murder, sex, rapings, and shootings that a lot of metal is about.

Try not to make generalizations like that. They don't work.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
Originally Posted by 3vi1 View Post
Or the imagined insanity and hatred, murder, sex, rapings, and shootings that a lot of metal is about.

Try not to make generalizations like that. They don't work.

everybodies favorite song: soulja boy
what its really about: humping a whore

Didn't 3vi1 just tell you to stop making generalisations?
:D
what its really about: humping a whore

Ah, of course, I forgot that a single song can define an entire genre! Silly me!
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."