Ranking
No, it's a matter of changing the nature of the human race. Good luck with that.
How would there be any foreign policy with another country who isn't anarchist?

What happens when a big group with lots of guns comes along?
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
No, it's a matter of changing the nature of the human race. Good luck with that.

No it isnt, whats to stop me from grabbing a knife right now and trying to take over the world? oh yeah, its just not feasible. Everyone in the world can just pick up their own knives and fight back.
Its nothing to do with changing the nature of the human race, its to do with changing the publics opinion on anarchy

Originally Posted by Juntalis View Post
How would there be any foreign policy with another country who isn't anarchist?

What happens when a big group with lots of guns comes along?

Why would you need a foreign policy? It would be redundant...

If lots of people with guns come then you can fight back with guns, anarchy doesnt mean you have no weapons, or fighting ability. And even if you dont want to fight back, you just say "ok then, you guys have taken over" and go back to what you were doing. Either fight or accept it, same as any country.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
And then a dictatorship is born.

Foreign policy is necessary, due to the fact that few nations have all necessary natural resources. Things need to be imported.

Also, how would there be an effective currency in anarchy? Or would it be a barter system? If so, importing anything would be impossible.
I think that you are getting confused, Anarchy doesnt mean sending your country back to the stoneage, you still have private enterprise to import and export, they will probably deal in whatever currency is most convenient, and so would everyone else.

Most countries have something of value to export, and so the lack of tax and export/import restrictions would be a big plus.
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
No it isnt, whats to stop me from grabbing a knife right now and trying to take over the world? oh yeah, its just not feasible. Everyone in the world can just pick up their own knives and fight back.
Its nothing to do with changing the nature of the human race, its to do with changing the publics opinion on anarchy

What I mean is that humans are egoistical, self-centered and arrogant shitheads from the moment we were born. The only reason we have even the slightest bit of self-restraint is because of our upbringing.

IMO, of course.
so your saying that in an anarchy there would be no upbringing? or that suddenly we all become immoral?
You're missing the point. Currency in anarchy is impossible, due to the fact that there is no central government regulating the value of said currency, printing, manufacturing the currency, or verifying that existing currency is legit. Someone could easily make tons of currency.

Without currency, importing shit is impossible.
Do you think everywhere without strict government control just sit around making fraud currency? And do you think that the US governement would every be on the lookout for someone making currency for another country, say Japan?

Heres how i imagine it would work: within the comunity mainly trading would occur, item for item trading. For larger trades they would use currency from other countries, or an independant organisation would produce currency, currency would become a bussiness. If a company was working to export a produce from the anarchy state to USA they would trade in USA dollars, its as simple as that.