and then the texture guy can upload the texture and sell it in the shop
or like safetrade the texture with the buyer
or just put it in the market and the buyer buys it
this way he can be scammed
and there would be like
512 texture ,256 so on
INB4 14 days ban
Originally Posted by scorpionma View Post
can you explain what is the main problem cause i cant understand skullfuk ..
oh and maybe make
the item picture the texture but 10 times smaller resizes
but when you puchase it will like have download image or something and it would be normal

Easiest to just say "implementation" was the problem with the initial idea.

I'm not saying something for textures is a bad idea, far from it. Just it needs to be a solid working one.

We've gone through a few, you'll have missed several - most notably when it automatically detected images & stopped you uploading one that matched something that was already in use. That of course had issues coming out the butt, not only did it cock-block anyone from uploading single colour textures; it also put a stop to having sets with similar images for all the pieces.
Like if you had 2 leg pieces the same, you couldn't upload both because it detected them. Obviously hands & feet were in the same boat. All in all it was a mess.

Following that they got a watermark slapped on them with the user's name. That was incredibly brief, and annoyingly they were visible ingame. :/

I guess you could say it's a problem that needs a softer touch rather than trying to thread a needle with a hammer.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
so your saying something like this wont happen?
Ormo|Pyro|Geru|Revel
Originally Posted by xAR1ELx View Post
so your saying something like this wont happen?

Far from it. I'm saying the idea needs to be one that works. I'd rather see this thread keep going & different ideas put forward, eventually something good will appear from it.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
well, whats wrong with my idea? like, someone sells a set, we safetrade. 10k, for all of these "texture items".

they all have a thumbnail representing what the texture looks like, also with a toribash signature watermark going across the image. the image always has this watermark, so the images are never exportable out of the item to someones computer, if they are, it would have to be thru copy paste, and it would still have that toribash signature watermark.

ok, so in my inventory, i would have all the required textures activated, left leg, right leg etc., then i would apply all the texture items, left leg, right leg, etc., then in-game all the texture items would have "cooperated?" with the actual textures, making the set. also, this would make textures easily resselable, neaten up your inventory, decrease scams by a shit load, and also, insanely easy to apply/change sets.
Ormo|Pyro|Geru|Revel
Originally Posted by skulfuk
Easiest to just say "implementation" was the problem with the initial idea.

I'm not saying something for textures is a bad idea, far from it. Just it needs to be a solid working one.

We've gone through a few, you'll have missed several - most notably when it automatically detected images & stopped you uploading one that matched something that was already in use. That of course had issues coming out the butt, not only did it cock-block anyone from uploading single colour textures; it also put a stop to having sets with similar images for all the pieces.
Like if you had 2 leg pieces the same, you couldn't upload both because it detected them. Obviously hands & feet were in the same boat. All in all it was a mess.

Following that they got a watermark slapped on them with the user's name. That was incredibly brief, and annoyingly they were visible ingame. :/

I guess you could say it's a problem that needs a softer touch rather than trying to thread a needle with a hammer.

gah i get you now thank for the explanation
lets put this idea on hold untill we think of something
INB4 14 days ban
It is something we'd want, just all the things that have been done in the past ended up causing a buttload of problems.

No need to put it on hold, ideas require thinking & discussing. Then holes poked into them & more ideas etc...

Eventually it'll hit something.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by evorocket View Post
Idea fully supported, 200%. This would solve a lot of scamming possibilities. You see what you are buying, you pay, your item is instantly transferred to your deactivated, ready to be uploaded to your texture items. Boom! I like it.

Of course, having a rotatable 3D model would really rock, but in a way, we already have that in single player mode, (dl texture, lp texture). I'm sure that could easily be done. Perhaps, it could somehow be linked to single player mode, and members would be able to preview textures there, before buying. That would rock so much!!! No more uploading dozens of pictures from every angle. Users could look at the art all they want, before buying. Yes, of course art should be water marked for artist protection, until purchased.

My humble opinion,

evo

I say we start with adding/changing the art market and requests boards into a similar style as the torishops, definitely, but then maybe take it a step further to have them accessible in-game? Have your tori on a stage, solo, with predetermined camera points set up you can swap between. Using this, have a shop selection section that will let you preview the textures currently for sale or WIPs! Though, this would need to be streamed to the client otherwise it would just be visible in the customs folder.
How's the server looking? Player customization is one of the key parts to toribash, imo, so it may be worth upgrading to incorporate streaming textures. Would add to the USPs of the game.
&quot;Anything running perfectly is running like clockwork.&quot;
Originally Posted by Monobi View Post
I say we start with adding/changing the art market and requests boards into a similar style as the torishops, definitely, but then maybe take it a step further to have them accessible in-game? Have your tori on a stage, solo, with predetermined camera points set up you can swap between. Using this, have a shop selection section that will let you preview the textures currently for sale or WIPs! Though, this would need to be streamed to the client otherwise it would just be visible in the customs folder.
How's the server looking? Player customization is one of the key parts to toribash, imo, so it may be worth upgrading to incorporate streaming textures. Would add to the USPs of the game.

I believe that we are headed in the right direction with making the art thread like the market. Requests would need a place of their own, but would otherwise get paid and transferred the same way. I agree that customization is a huge part of this game. We need to be able to preview art in single player mode. This is easy to implement. We can already /dl player and /lp 0 to preview other player's stuff. The same system could be used using watermarks, which would be removed after purchase. Also, the forums are a huge part of this game, and many miss out on it. I feel we should unify the two. When you start the game, we make forums one of the options, and all of the forum's threads, shops, market, etc...can be accessed seamlessly. This way, everyone will know about the forums, and likely use it. This could do away with the present in-game torishop, and direct members to the forum torishop and market, and hopefully the new overhauled art thread. This could work, and would be a great asset for TB, especially if get the "Green Light", with the expected, welcomed flood of new members. It solves most scam possibilities. Also, The "Items" thread could use the same system as the "Art Requests" page to automatically receive payment and transfer items. The last scam possibility that would need to be illuminated is the private selling of TC, but I'm sure we can come up with a bullet proof system for that too.
-----
I have a suggestion to eliminate more scam possibilities. Since Paypal is pretty much the standard accepted form of USD payment, it could be linked within the TB Item and Art market. If a seller accepts USD as payment, or if he is selling TC on the items market, the transaction takes place completely within TB, eliminating the possibility of scamming. This idea likely needs to be tweaked, but can definitely work.
Last edited by evo; Jul 15, 2013 at 11:43 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
rock the world, one fight at a time
The last scam possibility that would need to be illuminated is the private selling of TC, but I'm sure we can come up with a bullet proof system for that too.

I have a suggestion to eliminate more scam possibilities. Since Paypal is pretty much the standard accepted form of USD payment, it could be linked within the TB Item and Art market. If a seller accepts USD as payment, or if he is selling TC on the items market, the transaction takes place completely within TB, eliminating the possibility of scamming. This idea likely needs to be tweaked, but can definitely work.

Private selling/buying of TC is just that: Private. It's user between user, and they take the risk of scam into their own hands on that one. I don't think TB would want to get in the middle of that one, less liability considering it's actual money now. Users should just know the risk they're taking and only buy from trusted sellers.
We need to strengthen our roots and bloom the inner flowers that represent our minds. We are not beasts. Not savages, but men.- PeaceKeeper62