Ranking
ehh, I don't think that we should necessarily take the stance of "fuck religion". I may be wrong, but weren't a lot of the great scientists funded by the church? (and unfortunately subsequently persecuted if their new ideas did not correspond to the bible, but christianity KIND OF helped)

I wouldn't like to take it upon myself to try to "convert" people to atheism, because despite it seeming stupid, some people do find it comforting to think that this short stay we have on earth is not entirely insignificant. Also, I can understand that the idea that we are being judged by a higher power is in a way quite a soothing pipe dream; a world where every complete asshole gets his/her just desserts eventually.

My tolerance of religion ends with theocracies, and as odlov showed, immigrants trying to forcibly import their outdated laws through acts of violence and/or protests. The sheer arrogance that they seem to think that they, the minority of voices, are more important than the vast majority in a democratic country. I'd prefer that they fucked off back to the 15th century, instead of trying to drag us back there with them.
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> nearly 3 hours of nobody saying a word
[02:19] * Tamer0 is now known as TamerAfk
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> gg toribash
[02:19] <+hampa> gg
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
Poor illusioned American not being able to see the truths of the world

Just saw this post. I'd let it go, but I'm not good enough for that.
What "truths of the world", oh Enlightened One? We were talking about a specific issue.

I honestly pity you Odlov.

Well aint that classy.

You remind me of Li Cunxin, he thinks China is so glorious (because his gov't says so) until he experiences the outside world.

Where did I praise the USA? I thought all I did was defend this one decision of the government from your accusations. If it helps: I don't support our presence in Afghanistan, while the government does.

Ironicly he experiences USA which as it turns out is just as repressed and controlled as China, and definitely more illusioned!

1. Have you ever lived in USA?
2. Have you ever lived in China?
3. Why should I take your analysis seriously?
4. Have you ever lived anywhere other than Australia?

I was born and raised in Russia, moving to US only 7 years ago. So I think I have experienced the "outside world" to at least some degree.
Last edited by Odlov; May 5, 2011 at 10:27 PM.
At first I thought your avy was an ironic/sad joke. But now I see it is serious...

Seems like you are saying (read with russian accent) "When I was child I was born in motherland. But then I move to America and see glory of capitalism!"

Someone who is illusioned cannot possibly understand, until they disillusion themselves.

I also see you don't know who Li Cunxin is and don't understand the parallels huh. Well that is ok, I don't expect you to watch *all* the US propaganda movies.
When I see videos like this I feel a genuine hatred for religion that has not developed into the "age of reason" as the gentleman in the first video so adequately puts it. I too am a firm believer that those whom believe terrorism, violence and brutality is a scheme in which to eradicate "infidels" or "non-believers" I'd rather be the one beheaded than surround myself with such hatred. In all honesty, I can appreciate that throughout history the bible has and probably is spilling blood, but that doesn't mean I justify it. Extremism needs to be put an end to one way or another, but only one extremist can eradicate another. Wars on terror will soon be war on religion should shit carry on like this, and if it's not on a global scale it'll be riots in the streets, because not everyone likes being told they're going to get shot or beheaded for speaking their mind.
collect snots from the nose
At first I thought your avy was an ironic/sad joke. But now I see it is serious...

Seems like you are saying (read with russian accent) "When I was child I was born in motherland. But then I move to America and see glory of capitalism!"

Someone who is illusioned cannot possibly understand, until they disillusion themselves.

I also see you don't know who Li Cunxin is and don't understand the parallels huh. Well that is ok, I don't expect you to watch *all* the US propaganda movies.

Are you trolling? Not only did you not answer any of my simple questions, but posted more of the same crap.

My avvy is a joke. I don't support senseless wars, and it's a wonder how you managed to deduce otherwise. Your accusations are baseless. Your talk of being free from illusions is self-congratulatory snobbery. Probably the reason I don't know who Li Cunxin is because I don't watch US propaganda movies. Of course, that would depend on what you consider propaganda movies. Maybe it's anything out of Hollywood?

In any case: save your red herrings. All this has nothing to do with our original point of contest.
Last edited by Odlov; May 6, 2011 at 12:10 AM.

You're quite an odd fella aren't you.
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> nearly 3 hours of nobody saying a word
[02:19] * Tamer0 is now known as TamerAfk
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> gg toribash
[02:19] <+hampa> gg
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
Are you trolling? Not only did you not answer any of my simple questions, but posted more of the same crap.

My avvy is a joke. I don't support senseless wars, and it's a wonder how you managed to deduce otherwise. Your accusations are baseless. Your talk of being free from illusions is self-congratulatory snobbery. Probably the reason I don't know who Li Cunxin is because I don't watch US propaganda movies. Of course, that would depend on what you consider propaganda movies. Maybe it's anything out of Hollywood?

In any case: save your red herrings. All this has nothing to do with our original point of contest.

Of course I did not answer your insanely rigged questions.

Hoi hoi, exaggerating my argument to make it seem ridiculous? Such a common tactic that it isn't really so fun to even fight. Kind of childish, I think you can do better.

The original point of contest? So far it has just been me stating fact and you floundering about. Hell, if you want to try to make it a contest then try a bit harder and maybe we can actually have a fun battle. Otherwise this holds very little interest for me.

Originally Posted by Dr_Strangelove View Post
You're quite an odd fella aren't you.

And you're quite a strange fella ;]
If you're going to derail this shit to oblivion then I'll just close it, put down your e-peens.
collect snots from the nose