Gman sucks at aikido.
5:13 PM - vasp: everybody's nuts is so good
[00:18:38] <&vespesi3n> you should see when i swallow
[21:49:37] <&vespesi3n> >my mouth when
[21:49:43] <&vespesi3n> >my tastebuds when
Originally Posted by Novitech View Post
Erhem....

If I may offer my two pennies.

It's easy to "armchair quarterback" a clan, saying that everything would better if we could just _______, or if we change _________.

A large clan is very much the same as, say, the promo team, or market squad. All of them require leadership and direction. All of them require management and adjustment. Whether your team creates toribash based events and promotions, keeps an area of the forum controlled, or just bands together to snap necks and cash checks, they all require a lot of the same elements. That being said, these organized large groups are DIFFICULT to maintain.

It's easy to tag 10 people together in a [DSC] and call yourselves a clan, but you've really not faced any trials until you're maintaining clan reputations both ingame and on the forums, keeping up with clan IRC channels, updating and maintaining the clan bank, etc.... FOR 30 PEOPLE. If one member of your team begins to misbehave, it has to be attended to... and that's attention that could be spent somewhere else useful. Same goes with problems with the bank, or even members joining, and then leaving quickly. Setting up a council helped distribute this workload among the trusted members... but a lot of those members have become inactive, and everything is falling upon Phail and Warcry to complete the tasks alone. So, the issue of the council must be addressed.

Why do you guys have to get your panties in a bunch? Would you rage-quit your own family the first time someone had an argument, or your parents decided you couldn't have a house key or stay out late? No, of course not. Discussions and re-evaluations of policies are everyday occurrences, whether it's in a family, a business environment, the promo-team, or even this clan. It's not a sign of the end times... it's just a part of the growth process. Some people have not/are not pulling their weight in this clan, so things are being re-evaluated so that this clan can maintain a solid reputation as one of the more elite clans of Toribash. This is normal.

Splitting off and starting your own clan or joining another only perpetuates the problem, and frankly, your clan probably won't last anyway. I won't pull out clan statistics based on the number of dead clan boards I can see, but your rate of survival is about as good as mine is playing gman in aikido... very low. Anyway, [Sigma] is a good clan, and has a solid history. A small hiccup in the hierarchy is not going to shake the foundations.

tl;dr?

Grow some fuzz on your peaches and start pulling your weight in this clan if you want to make a positive impact. You can either run from the problem, or be a part of the solution.

This is why I voted Novi on council. I don't care whether or not he wants it or not.

Since when have I ever listened to what others want?
Σ
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
Aslask, what the shit, man. Phail does absolutely nothing in the way of running the clan. That's why I did the fucking 'kick' (not much of one, would have booted others, but you know, shitstorms etc), cos there was wayyyyyyyyy too much detachment and inactivity.

Guys, I can read the edit history, and I have to say I had a lot more faith in you than what you've shown in loyalty. I am now classed as 'disgruntled.'
In future:

And be bloody glad you decided to do that when I had no access to my PC, Aslask.

You're right, he doesn't. But he does what the members of Sigma request of him to do, which is often nothing at all. Therefore, I think all this you call "running a clan" is what the members DON'T want. That's why the reaction got so big in the kicking process. Detachment? I blame that on too loose requirements to get into Sigma.

And I think you should respect the edits. After all, regret shows they're loyal to Sigma, and I think you read that all wrong. And I'm not too happy you weren't on your PC at the moment. Having a huge discussion then would let out a little steam, but it all ended with Phail being sad and me feeling mean.

Originally Posted by Novitech View Post
It's easy to "armchair quarterback" a clan, saying that everything would better if we could just _______, or if we change _________.

A large clan is very much the same as, say, the promo team, or market squad. All of them require leadership and direction. All of them require management and adjustment. Whether your team creates toribash based events and promotions, keeps an area of the forum controlled, or just bands together to snap necks and cash checks, they all require a lot of the same elements. That being said, these organized large groups are DIFFICULT to maintain.

It's easy to tag 10 people together in a [DSC] and call yourselves a clan, but you've really not faced any trials until you're maintaining clan reputations both ingame and on the forums, keeping up with clan IRC channels, updating and maintaining the clan bank, etc.... FOR 30 PEOPLE. If one member of your team begins to misbehave, it has to be attended to... and that's attention that could be spent somewhere else useful. Same goes with problems with the bank, or even members joining, and then leaving quickly. Setting up a council helped distribute this workload among the trusted members... but a lot of those members have become inactive, and everything is falling upon Phail and Warcry to complete the tasks alone. So, the issue of the council must be addressed.

About that armchair quarterbacking: I have been trying to do something for quite a while without results. Not just sitting there and talking about how much better things would be if this and that happened.

Of course I don't know how it is to lead a clan, and that is what I'll try to do now. I can't just imagine those things. When/if I realize how hard it is, I'll perhaps be really bitter and regret leaving a whole lot more than I'm doing now. Of course it's a big responsibility to lead 30 people, but what's the reason we got this crowded? Too few requirements and a way too low threshold when it comes to activity/personality. It feels as if the clan is splitting into two again; Warcry and his replay makers and Phail's personality gang. And of those two, I prefer a nice personality over replay making skills (No offence to you replay makers).

The council was made as a great idea, but executed terribly. In the start, it consisted of 2 or 3 active people, and the rest wasn't even here. What an inactive council could do isn't very much. Therefore, I'm in favor of that council-vote, and I think most of the members voted to be there are suited to sit there. I wish the council good luck in future problems, and I do hope that the rule of Sigma will be better after they're inserted to positions of power.

Why do you guys have to get your panties in a bunch? Would you rage-quit your own family the first time someone had an argument, or your parents decided you couldn't have a house key or stay out late? No, of course not. Discussions and re-evaluations of policies are everyday occurrences, whether it's in a family, a business environment, the promo-team, or even this clan. It's not a sign of the end times... it's just a part of the growth process. Some people have not/are not pulling their weight in this clan, so things are being re-evaluated so that this clan can maintain a solid reputation as one of the more elite clans of Toribash. This is normal.

Splitting off and starting your own clan or joining another only perpetuates the problem, and frankly, your clan probably won't last anyway. I won't pull out clan statistics based on the number of dead clan boards I can see, but your rate of survival is about as good as mine is playing gman in aikido... very low. Anyway, [Sigma] is a good clan, and has a solid history. A small hiccup in the hierarchy is not going to shake the foundations.

This part of your post annoys me. Because this is not the first time there's a "hiccup" in the hierarchy. This is not the first time this clan has split up to make new clans. And, to be honest, the merge of HR and Phantom was not a good idea when it comes down to that. This is because the one clan was very personality-based and the other skill-based. Merging two so different clans is not a good idea, no matter if the leaders are brothers or not.

The chance of a clan growing big and famous is always low, but who said I wanted a big and famous clan? I am way more in favor of a close-knit little gang, where everyone knows each other and are more friendly than here. Like, early Sigma was a complete mess. After two months, it was awesome. The awesomeness ended when the leadership went the different direction of the members.

Grow some fuzz on your peaches and start pulling your weight in this clan if you want to make a positive impact. You can either run from the problem, or be a part of the solution.

That was actually the plan, but things changed rapidly the night of this event, and I do regret performing all this in this way it happened. If I could take it back and do it the way it was planned, I would. But now it's impossible. I have been talking a bit to people around in IRC, and many of them say that when this thing is started, it's too late to stop. The metaphors used was a spearhead and a spear.

I was the spearhead, and the person holding the spear. When the spear impaled the flesh and tissue of Sigma, the entire spear shattered behind the spearhead. So the spearhead got stuck inside a huge mess. From there, the spearhead must continue to make its own momentum and force to make sure the wound doesn't get infected. I was afraid the wound would get infected, rot and make the entire clan die. Fortunately, it only ended in me and Malvado leaving, so the spearhead is out of the body, and the wound is restoring.

I was really scared I was going to kill Sigma with this, but fortunately, I did not. I apologize the effects of my actions, and I hope we'll still be cool. I will still hang out in #Sigma, of course, so if anyone wants to discuss/chat about anything, I'll be there.

This post was made after special permissions from Warcry and Phail, and is therefore not a clan invasion.