Toribash
Originally Posted by Murmayder View Post
Not only has it been said that Australians become racist, but also incredibly violent and tend to become criminals all in the spirit of National Pride

Nah. All the bogans come out on Aus Day, though.

Also nationalism is a good thing in moderation. Some of it is pretty weird though, the Japanese for example deny massacring many Chinese during war, and refuse to educate about it in schools, despite overwhelming photographical evidence (Nanking)

AMERRIKUH FUCK YEAHHH is not good.
m0o thats not really nationalist. I don't think you can say "the japs are too nationalist to teach about killing chinese".
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
As my grandpa used to say: "Everything in excess is bad."
Be racist and idiot for your country isn't a good thing. Love you contry is.
I would say nationalism is bad in all of it's forms, in any situation.
Nationalism is loving your own country to the point of hating everyone elses. If you're saying "that's nationalism in it's extreme form", then you DO NOT know the meaning of nationalism. What I described is nationalism 100%, in it's only form.

Hating other countries only slows progress to a unified Earth, which we can all agree, is where we are hoping to one day be. No countries. One nation of Earth.
Hey. Sup
Originally Posted by WhirlWindX View Post
I would say nationalism is bad in all of it's forms, in any situation.
Nationalism is loving your own country to the point of hating everyone elses. If you're saying "that's nationalism in it's extreme form", then you DO NOT know the meaning of nationalism. What I described is nationalism 100%, in it's only form.

No, that is not true at all.

Et Al; please Google "define: Nationalism" before posting in this thread, at the very least.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
nationalism is used to make people unite together for ones country. It's obvious to see the pros and cons here.

Hitler riled up the german masses to kill (insert insanely politically incorrect joke here) , not very desirable.

Churchill used nationalism to unite the british to do what the could to stop the german army, and there allies.

it's not a matter of too much of it is bad, just how it's used.
Last edited by ivolt; Jan 30, 2011 at 03:47 AM.
My seniority means you should probably just agree with everything I say
Originally Posted by may0naise View Post
Everything is good in moderation.

Like rape and murder right?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!
Yea it can defiantly be a good thing when it comes to wars nationality helps people get off their couch and fight.
FreeTC
Free tc ^
Originally Posted by Cloaks View Post
Yea it can defiantly be a good thing when it comes to wars nationality helps people get off their couch and fight.

Yeah, because it helps starting unnecessary wars in the first place. Great.
|11:33| »» [shark] so you're saying that you just paid 80 euros for pussy
|11:33| »» [Quit] [x] shark [[email protected]] [Quit:]
I'm also against patriotism,but at least i can undrstand it.
I really can't understand how nationalism(so the believe that your country[this mean all the humans that were born inside the same borders]should be an advantage on other countries,or anyway it should'nt never be in disvantage)can be a good thing for the humanity(while i easily can understand how it can be a good thing for your nation)
Nationalism is the word for say "egoism" when we are talking about nations.

Actually in most of the country there is a "moderate" nationalism(if wasn't moderate,in this moment there should be another world war),so it should be a good thing?That's why everything in this world it's so perfect!
Are you interested in my deactivated inventory?
Send a pm to Missuse for trade(NOT TO ME)