Originally Posted by Xipherion View Post
uhh... excuse me, YOLO

Wrong.
You live everyday, you only die once.
Don't send me PM's, I don't read them.
Originally Posted by Scorrow View Post
Hey, I got a question.
Why do we live... then die?

From birth to age 25 or so, we are still growing; when we age past 25, we are slowly dying (no living creature is supposed to look decrepit with age; humans are not supposed to need walkers). Our bodies eventually wither; if they didn't, we would be capable of living forever, and not withering with age.

Originally Posted by smosh023 View Post
Wrong.

+rep

Also guys, I was on yahoo answers earlier, and found a prime example of a religious mongoloid:

Question: what do you think humans will have evolved to look like in 2 million years?

I bolded and highlighted points of interest.
Last edited by NormalCitizen; May 19, 2013 at 08:53 PM.
I would have to believe that the soul reason of us living to bring joy to at least one other person's life. And if we can all bring ultimate joy to another's life, then our goal is done, and we move on to our next goal, by dying and being reincarnated.

I don't know if I just created a new religion, or am slightly going off the path of buddhism...
Originally Posted by BlueTurtle View Post
My question is, just why? What makes us believe in a mystical being in the sky, and sometimes more than one? What drives us to kill ourselves in the name of our lord, or sacrifice ourselves and plead this being for forgiveness? Why can't we eat pork unless blessed or under certain circumstances? Why can't we marry people of the same sex? Why can't we disrespect cows? Why can't we disrespect our government? Why do we fight other countries battles in a war far too long that our country isn't even concerned about? Why invade another country to try to change their government, when we still complain about our own? Why do we have different beliefs, laws, loves, wants, needs, borders, and governments? Why can't we all live together in a big world as Atheists, Islams, Christian, or why gods at all?

The religious feud has been going on to long for people to get a long. Also, a religious person and an atheist do not share common beliefs and in turn the religious person would try to get the atheist to convert. Depending on the country you live in, as in the US people fail to see that our government is more corrupt than people can anticipate. This is why we invade other countries and try to change their government. We would not be doing any of that unless it gave our country a huge advantage over another. I am not here to debate conspiracy theories, I am only here to voice my own opinion. Again going back to religion, whether it is real or not, that is not for me to decide. The differences of laws, vary from country to county and I strongly believe that there will never be world peace. The reason for people not being able to live together in harmony, is because the way people were raised. And by this I mean, how you are taught that one group of people are bad, and how you are superior to these people because you believe in this. It is a never ending cycle and this is the reason why I believe that the world will never change.
-----
Originally Posted by smosh023 View Post
Wrong.

I am going to assume you are just messing around. From the moment you are born, every second you live, you are one second closer to death. In a general sense, every second you live, every second you die
Last edited by dannyrug; May 20, 2013 at 02:52 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
A hasbeen like the rest
I am going to assume you are just messing around. From the moment you are born, every second you live, you are one second closer to death. In a general sense, every second you live, every second you die

If you live and die at the same time every second, what makes us go to the point where we can't even live? What makes us "die?" I think we need a new definition for death... When people say they get reincarnated, I don't really think born again, but I think they meant giving life to another being. "When we die, we turn to grass, and the grass gets eaten by the antelope." --Quote from The Lion King
Last edited by SparChar; May 20, 2013 at 04:16 AM.
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
Well, that is your definition of reincarnation. The way others see it, they actually believe they are reborn again. But death means the end of the life of a person or organism. If we are speaking in terms you are nearer to death every second you live. There comes that point when something dies, it ceases to live and breath. That does not mean that you can not be dying as you are alive. Many things make a person die, you name it.
A hasbeen like the rest
Originally Posted by BlueTurtle View Post
I would have to believe that the soul reason of us living to bring joy to at least one other person's life.

The purpose of life is to ensure the survival of our species; it has nothing to do with making people happy.

Also, the reason why there will never be world peace aka TRUE communism, is because of human greed and gluttony. As long as we're human, there will never be peace; someone will always want more, and capitalism will be there to raise the ambitious and greedy to the top while the plebeians are controlled with their faces constantly in the dirt.

They will not make a cure for cancer public, because it won't be profitable for capitalist pseudo-powers. There will never be world peace, because these capitalist imperialist totalitarians will always want to have control.
The purpose of life is to ensure the survival of our species; it has nothing to do with making people happy.

On a more humanist pov, the subjective purpose of one's life is to be happy ; and it's an hard condition to reach only by yourself. I personally think making people happy makes me happier ! Did you know that seeing someone smiling really is scientifically "contagious" ? (can't find the original article but this one expose it pretty well)
We're social animals afterall.

Also, the reason why there will never be world peace aka TRUE communism, is because of human greed and gluttony. As long as we're human, there will never be peace; someone will always want more, and capitalism will be there to raise the ambitious and greedy to the top while the plebeians are controlled with their faces constantly in the dirt.

You're seeing it the wrong way !
We ain't under a capitalist system because of the human greed, but the human greed is "intensified" by capitalism, since we adapt and developpe ourselves depending on our environment. Evolution applies itself on politic aspects as well.
I like to take this tribe from South-America called the Zo'e as an exemple : they have no currency, and they have no words or expression for "thank you" because sharing is just natural for them. That shows how different we can be depending on what conditions we grow up in.

People need to be aware of their own responsabilities and work for changes if they don't like what humanity has become. Watching TV and blaming politics won't do it. Politics are just people adapting to their environment and taking advantage of their situation, they're not here for the people, they're just following their career.
"god" and "devil" for me are just two things that the human being created to blame and believe. When humans are out of hope they get desesperated and pray for a divine that you can't see, talk, smell, touch, or anything like that for help. And they start to ask so much for that, so MUCH that apparently happens because of the person, not because of a flying guy who lives in the sky. But than when the things don't work the way that should be, or they blame the "devil" because "god" don't make mistakes OR they will say that "god" knows what he does. Well I'm sorry but i think this is stupid. I'm atheist and 95% of my friends and family are Christians or anything related to "god", because for real, you guys are all the same. Islam and christian-ism copied Judaism, that copied some ancient religion. Non of them is original, they just change names and dates, don't believe me? Just read the rules of the top 5 biggest religions in the world, all of them are like 80% the same with different words/names/dates.... And to be honest, i don't really care if you believe in a talkative mule (or what ever is the animal in the bible) or that you can't eat pork because its dirty or that you have to pray 5 times a day and wear something in your head to hide your hair because its a divine thing that you need to keep to "god". Since that 95% of my friends are religious, i just don't care about what they believe (I study in a international school here in the US where there's people from all of the world and all of the religions). But the thing that annoys me is that MOST OF THE RELIGIOUS CAN'T ACCEPT DIFFERENT PEOPLE. Ok if you accept, well great. But there's a lot of Christians or anything like that who don't talk or interact or even like other people just because of religion. Also religion caused most of the wars that happen in the world, so my opinion is:

Religion = War.
[SIGPIC]http://i44.tinypic.com/2zeb6kj.jpg[/SIGPIC]