Toribash
orange is better
part of the uri-nation rateyourmusic
you clean your ears with a toothpick while listening to explosive diarrhea blood rectum metal
I haven't done anything for years so take this as you will:

When I was a GM forever ago, most things were done and planned in IRC/discord, a brick of a post in the private forum of collected ideas, then flushing out in said board and re-recycling the ideas again in IRC/discord. The last part is a cycle within itself. Can't vouch for today's time but depending on how elaborate the event was, it could take two weeks to a few months of planning. Planning would be staff availability to host, scheduling out a time to go live, grabbing art, determining prizes, rules of the event, what is the actual event is, how will idiots try to abuse this, how will people try to play the victim in such cases that something didn't go their way. There's just a lot of little "*yeesh*" scenarios to wrap around. So in places where the normal users can't stick their noses in, of course it probably seems like not much is being done, but with my prior knowledge and experience, I knew what happened in the past. But hey, I'm just a normal user now, I could just be full of shit... now, I guess. I don't know what's really going on anymore in the present.

Yes we all know this would be brought up: This game isn't pulling 2010-2013 numbers. The demand for like-clockwork in-game KO tourneys just isn't there. There isn't a need to have a KO tourney every hour. I wish there was, it was really exciting being 14 and seeing the broadcast announce that there is a wushufixed.tbm tournament starting soon. A lot of people would drop everything and just join in hopes of winning and for some casual chat. Being the host, it felt great seeing a maxclient room of 28 fill up in about 60 seconds and people ready to play. Being a GM/ES in that time was awesome, stressful, but awesome. I'm just reminiscing though... when I was big man prime ed, I'd average probably 25 in-game KO tourney's alone in a month. Going probably as high as 35 or 40 in a month. I was probably 1 of 20 people in the team and at least 4 others were doing the same. Shit, we literally had bets to see if Uric or myself would host the most in a given month, Admins/sir can look at the deprecated GM board and post a screenshot if you'd like. Yes, we would have our slackers and yes we would have our inactive people. But for the most part we had a solid team and the majority would host with good rates to have an overall timezone coverage where everyone would have a chance to win some tc and items.

Originally Posted by max View Post
"They do other stuff to help out" but that's a load of bullocks lads, when I was part of the Event Squad, there were some ES staff members that generally did nothing besides join some servers, twiddling their thumbs only to flash their colourful name and power

We had this issue before, we had it before my time, and we will continue to have it. It's going to always happen. In my early years as S-Mod I remember people saying similar things about myself when I was dealing with rough times mentally and physically, working 14 to 16 hours a day nearly every day in my early 20s. Not trying to make this into a pity-me, passive-aggressive statement, it just happened and that's the fact of it. Some people will think those things and It's neither wrong or right to think like that. Perspective is what solidifies those thoughts.

So to get back at your question. Does anybody in the ES do anything? Perspective and wisdom plays into my answer, I suppose. Do they do less? Yeah, probably. Is it warranted? Yeah, probably. Are there things the average person doesn't see what's going on, therefore, they take not "seeing" as not "doing"? Yeah, most definitely... probably.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

everyone knows that 96% of the background stuff is just bunch of shit-talking plus some circlejerking in the sweet flavor of nepotism

its not deep bro they arent inventing some rocket to the mars back there and neither do they have any important things to even discuss bro dude it is toribash stop pretending that there is more to it LOL
Originally Posted by akina View Post
everyone knows that 96% of the background stuff is just bunch of shit-talking plus some circlejerking in the sweet flavor of nepotism

its not deep bro they arent inventing some rocket to the mars back there and neither do they have any important things to even discuss bro dude it is toribash stop pretending that there is more to it LOL

this reads like you got denied from staff and you're upset
Glimpsed
i have never applied
-----
Originally Posted by Glimpsed View Post
this reads like you got denied from staff and you're upset

this reads like you take internet way too seriously
Last edited by akina; Apr 27, 2023 at 08:52 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by ed View Post
We had this issue before, we had it before my time, and we will continue to have it. It's going to always happen. In my early years as S-Mod I remember people saying similar things about myself when I was dealing with rough times mentally and physically, working 14 to 16 hours a day nearly every day in my early 20s. Not trying to make this into a pity-me, passive-aggressive statement, it just happened and that's the fact of it. Some people will think those things and It's neither wrong or right to think like that. Perspective is what solidifies those thoughts.

I understand people might have off days/weeks/months or burn outs but this is where the issue falls into place, why do the ES Leads/Admins just keep those players hanging around as staff when they are no where to be seen for a while, just clogs up the list and brings up the common joke "you guys do nothing" because they haven't been on in ages and keeping staff members around just to chat in staff chats will look biased in a sense that they have all this power and all you keep them around is for their company?

Originally Posted by ed View Post
But for the most part we had a solid team and the majority would host with good rates to have an overall timezone coverage where everyone would have a chance to win some tc and items.

Maybe focusing of time zones might fix this solution of spreading out the ES depending on their time zones. Since I am from England, far from most players if not the other side, I hosted LOADS of tourney's, at least 1 - 2 a day or 4 - 6 a week (depending on work and life) and some players who joined those ES Tourney's mentioned that they never really get the chance to play in tourney's because of their time zones, I never really see any ES members around or any staff in that matter because of my timezone, I might see Test more than any other and maybe the occasion other staff member but that's at 10PM if not later every day.

I don't know what goes on in the background with Nabi Studios, admins and devs discussions and ideas but will having a more strict time period for how long a staff member goes inactive for what ever reason will be removed to then look for others instead of keeping them around for so long for the hopes they might come back and MIGHT host more or what ever their role is in staff? Will considering this simple and won't do harm or is there something that makes this situation so difficult?
Originally Posted by akina View Post
this reads like you take internet way too seriously

It's not that people might take this game seriously or not, this is some peoples actual job so it's something to consider idea's for them so they can have a chance to make this game/community better as it once was
Originally Posted by max View Post
this is some peoples actual job

LOL ICANT
-----
i feel sorry for those who actually have anything to do with toribash for their job like jesus christ u deserve better
Last edited by akina; Apr 27, 2023 at 09:12 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump