Ranking
Original Post
Mod Editor Creator Competition
Ok, so I'm not too sure if anyone will be interested in this, but I hope it will give some people a little motivation.

MOD EDITOR CREATOR COMPETITION

It is your goal to make a mod editor, either as a lua script add-on for toribash, or as an external application, with the winner being judged either by a poll, or by the public)
It must have the following features:
  • It must have a 3D viewport (or atleast have top, side and frontal viewports).
  • It must support both Environment Objects and Environment Joints. (Visual Editing of tori and uke would get you bonus points).
  • You must be able to edit visually, without the need to change the mod code directly (rotate, move, scale), a properties panel for stuff such as mass and colour should be used.
What am I looking for?
  • Ease of use.
  • A good alternative to using text files / worldbuilder.lua
  • WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get, Looks the same in the editor as in game)
  • Multi-platform preferred :P
Entering:
  • There is no entrance fee.
  • You may submit however many entries you want.
  • Pm me if you are going to make a mod creator (even if it is not finished)
  • I will then pm you back when I determine a deadline and any other updates to the competition, you may then pm me with your submissions and any updates when necessary.
  • Source code is required at this moment in time due to the source code rule, but may this rule may be changed in the not to distant future. The source code will not be released to the public if you do not want it to, just to one of the people on the list.
Reference List (If you don't know how to mod):The deadline has not currently been set, and you may submit any entries to me at any time

Prize*
-----------
200k!
200,000tc
+
July
Toribooster
50 Pack

-----------

this tourney is not a promo-team tourney, I am doing this of my own accord.
This competition will end when I think enough entries have been entered (or if one great entry is entered that is totally awesome).

Feel free to revive this if it dies (which it most likely will)

* = Prize may change if tourney is revived.

Update 1:
Added some preferences, I would also recommend reading the comments as there is some good suggestions :P

Last edited by Blam; Aug 5, 2009 at 08:38 AM.
:D
I can't wait to see if this really works, it's going to be soooo nice.
Sigma | Gata
Lost pet looking for home
There should be a prize for this, I suggest 100k.

Also change the name of the thread to :
Desgin a Mod Editing Script for (prize here)!

That would get a lot more attention.
dude >.> the prize is 100k
every ten seconds I kill 7 puppies. The only way to prevent this is by clicking this savin' puppies
TBH, it would be easier starting form scratch in lua rather than trying to edit worldbuilder. I made that script for a now very outdated version of Toribash, and the code itsself is god-awful ugly. Don't try to polish a turd and expect to come out on top.
 ____  _____  __  __  _  _  ___  _  _ 
(  _ \(  _  )(  )(  )( \( )/ __)( \/ )
 ) _ < )(_)(  )(__)(  )  (( (__  \  / 
(____/(_____)(______)(_)\_)\___) (__) 
Prize is now 200k!

Thanks deady
:D
np. I will also be willing to part with a few full sets if this gets done. Not sure what colors, but they wont be crap.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
ok I've decided oficially to learn to mod >=D
every ten seconds I kill 7 puppies. The only way to prevent this is by clicking this savin' puppies
Sgtbeans: Doncha mean to lua? this is a lua comp, after all.
- its been a while
yes thats what I meant srry lol
are you gonna have runers up? coz some people might work their two buttocks/single buttock/three buttocks off just to find out they lose so you could give 100k to 1st place.
50k to 2nd and 25k to 3rd! and you could keep the rest! happier people that way!