Toribash
Originally Posted by LastGod View Post
Funny, since I HAVE watched it from the first episode. I follow Naruto Shippuuden even now (mainly as a filler in-between the other animes that I follow). I don't think you understand what we mean quite yet. Once again, watch both seasons of Clannad and come back to us regarding your argument later. Also, I would prefer if we could stop posting these off-topic discussions in the application thread, and start posting in the Random/Offtopic discussion one.

I'm afraid you have missed the point of Naruto completely then..
I've watched both.

Hmm.

Everyone seems to adore slice-of-life animes while there are actually more types out there.

These fighting animes like Naruto and Bleach follow the protagonist growing up and getting stronger, which is a decent theme for people who dont think so highly of themselves.

It's a simple japaneese thing.
Last edited by SlipAnc; Aug 15, 2011 at 10:40 PM.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

Originally Posted by LastGod View Post
Meow. It's technically Random Talk/Offtopic Chat. XD

Yeah but by the time I realized, it was already posted.

I edited my post tho.

Vox sucks

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

Originally Posted by SlipAnc View Post
I've watched both.

Hmm.

Everyone seems to adore slice-of-life animes while there are actually more types out there.

These fighting animes like Naruto and Bleach follow the protagonist growing up and getting stronger, which is a decent theme for people who dont think so highly of themselves.

It's a simple japaneese thing.

I'd imagine the reason people like Naruto-esque anime less is because they're all pretty much, as you say, protagonist development. For example, Naruto and Ichigo always seem to be losing in fights, and then some massive "change" happens (See: Naruto vs Pain and Ichigo vs Ulqiorra), which is a common trend - other genres are unique.
[19:32] <@darilu-kun> tori = furry, bash = pride
Originally Posted by souldevilj
Why.. what do you guys consider "Great Anime"?

I can't watch anything with more than 50 episodes, I am sorry to say but I get bored no matter how good it is. Short stuff like Angel Beats! or TTGL or K-On! or Spice and Wolf are nice, I prefer stuff that focuses on few characters rather than more. Also I prefer no 'magic' or 'technomagic' (eg Geass got in the way of what would otherwise have been awesome).

Angel Beats! is probably my favourite so far, the setting was great, the storyline was suitably complex and interesting, the back-stories were interesting(/horrific), characters were all awesome and unique.
This is one of the few series that I wish could have been longer...
it's actually quite rare for a show to last more than 1 or 2 seasons ;o
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
Well the Brotherhood one is shorter and better anyways.

Vox sucks