Toribash
Judo - Harai Goshi
First hip throw post. Harai Goshi translated is sweeping hip throw.
So I set up the throw usually by loading up my limbs in the opposite direction of their throw. Base foot goes back, sweeping foot foward, leading arm up and bent and my throwing arm down and straight, and i use my torso to hip into my opponent.
Then with my base leg i dig into the ground while my sweeping foot swings back to clip my opponents legs or hip.
Using my abs and lumber i arc towards the ground to which provides more leverage for the throw and finally my arms will wheel throw my opponent over my body.
Only when my opponent's hips are clearly above my own i will rotate-chest to add the final rotational force. Otherwise i will lose my footing if i do this too early.
I find hip throws, especially harai goshi and uchi mata, to be such a beautiful technique because every limb on my body is working together by moving separately.
The combination of these different forces produce a single momentum that is very powerful.

Harai Goshi

Attached Files
judo - harai goshi.rpl (38.3 KB, 16 views)
judo - harai goshi (2).rpl (54.8 KB, 12 views)
judo - harai goshi (3).rpl (47.0 KB, 8 views)
judo - harai goshi (4).rpl (38.4 KB, 8 views)
judo - harai goshi (5).rpl (47.0 KB, 9 views)
judo - harai goshi (6).rpl (52.7 KB, 9 views)
judo - harai goshi (7).rpl (32.8 KB, 16 views)
Last edited by footlox; Jun 6, 2015 at 05:45 PM. Reason: added harai goshi (5)
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
MMA - Pressure Control
This principle is applicable in all the martial arts that i use in toribash. That is to limit youre opponent's ability to counter or maneuver you want to stick to them like glue.
Specifically my play style is i like to fight for a top position using wrestling takedowns, bjj sweeps, and judo trips. Then i stay tight and heavy on my opponent. Keep them down and try to control their limbs. It may not a powerful dq, but when using small adjustments i can put the pressure on while at the same time my chance of being dq'ed is zero because i have the top position. When on top, gravity is my friend.
Last edited by footlox; Mar 5, 2015 at 09:33 AM.
Toribash Martial Artists
Badassery - Scissor Slice
The flying scissor leg takedown (not flying scissor sweep) is illegal in judo and many bjj competitions because there is a high risk of injuring the persons spine or knee. Well i found that this risk also makes it an excellent super move in aikido.

Broken Knee

Attached Files
badassery - scissor slice.rpl (30.5 KB, 26 views)
Last edited by footlox; Mar 7, 2015 at 06:02 PM.
Toribash Martial Artists
The scissor sweep is a mean move. :v
Called kani basami in judo. Really powerful and dangerous at the same time. It seems you perfected it, teach me your ways.

Also: great work here, Aquita. really nice replays. :3
Thanks iver. One day our real world grappling techniques will dominate the aikido world.

Osoto Gari to Armbar

---
I edited my harai goshi post and uploaded new replays bc the old ones were mostly trash.
Last edited by footlox; May 27, 2015 at 11:48 PM. Reason: saving these gifs for later..
Toribash Martial Artists
Judo - Hip Throws
Besides harai goshi there are numerous other hip throw variations which i wont go into individually. However all these throws follow the same base mechanics with minor differences.

To start i set the throw by turning away from my opponent and planting my outside foot as far back as possible. My arms should be ready to wheel throw my opponent.
From here the movement starts at the bottom and works up:
-I use my legs to push off the ground and spring my opponent upwards.
-My hips and lower torso arch towards the ground for leverage.
-And my arms and upper torso rotate my opponent over my hips.
Attached Files
judo - hip throw.rpl (38.7 KB, 11 views)
judo - hip throw (2).rpl (33.0 KB, 12 views)
judo - hip throw (3).rpl (47.0 KB, 9 views)
judo - hip throw (4).rpl (33.0 KB, 9 views)
judo - hip throw (5).rpl (57.5 KB, 11 views)
judo - hip throw (6).rpl (51.9 KB, 12 views)
judo - hip throw (7).rpl (57.3 KB, 11 views)
judo - hip throw (8).rpl (44.0 KB, 11 views)
judo - O shit guruma!.rpl (49.6 KB, 10 views)
Last edited by footlox; Jun 1, 2015 at 11:39 PM.
Toribash Martial Artists
Garry Tonon "The Lion Killer"
Cool video. Garry's mixed grappling style of judo wrestling and bjj has had a huge influence on my real world grappling abilities as well as in toribash.
---

---
Also I'm running short of techniques if there is any technique you guys want to see more of or any new technique you'd like for me to explore let me know!
Last edited by footlox; Jul 11, 2015 at 07:26 AM.
Toribash Martial Artists
MMA - Mixed Techniques
Being able to implement various real world techniques is one thing but combining them together is the true masterpiece.
This entry mostly focuses on combinations that follow muay thai techniques.

After checking a kick the first thing to go for is to catch the leg.
Then I slip my blocking leg around my opponents standing leg to sweep them.
Or I can simply drive the opponent onto the side they kicked from.
Or I can try facing out and setting a hip throw.

Kicks can also be followed with more aggressive combinations.

After a low kick I use the same kicking leg to hook and trip the opponent.
After a vicious striking combo it just takes one throw or sweep to finish the job.
Or after a side kick i can follow through with an unexpected armlock or mount pass.

Side Kick to Flying Armbar

Last edited by footlox; Jul 26, 2015 at 08:53 AM.
Toribash Martial Artists
Judo - Hip Throws (2)
Practice makes perfect. Originally I thought judo hip throws were purely a situational technique but now im finding they work well at almost anytime my opponent is standing. They also are great counters for lifts and even shovels.
Attached Files
judo - hip throw (9).rpl (38.2 KB, 15 views)
judo - hip throw (10).rpl (47.1 KB, 16 views)
judo - hip throw (11).rpl (38.7 KB, 16 views)
judo - hip throw (12).rpl (55.3 KB, 11 views)
judo - hip throw (13).rpl (57.2 KB, 15 views)
judo - hip throw (14).rpl (44.0 KB, 12 views)
judo - hip throw (15).rpl (35.7 KB, 11 views)
Toribash Martial Artists
a tutorial pls

also if it does work on clap i will scream like a schoolgirl
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15